If you missed parts 1 & 2, start here: Now to the King
From First Timothy we read,
- “Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.” (I Timothy 1:17 – NASB)
The apostle Paul, in the very beginning of his letter to his beloved Timothy, speaks of the “Law” and how it is “good” (1:8) and how God uses that “Law” to convict “those who are lawless” (1:9) of acts that are “contrary to sound teaching” (1:10). The “Law” applied breaks us down into what we really are, sinners before a holy God. This is all a part of “the glorious gospel of the blessed God” (1:11). Convict with the “Law” and present the love of God in the good news of Christ!
From this point Paul goes on to “thank Christ Jesus our Lord” (1:12) for the “mercy” he has received (1:13), the “grace” and the “love” (1:14) he has experienced from “the blessed God,” the “God” of our salvation! And he then says,
- “It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all” (I Timothy 1:15 – NASB)
I would beg to argue with this great apostle . . . for brethren, I see myself as the “sinner” who is “foremost of all.” Yes, that is me who is at the head of the pack, who deserves God’s holy wrath but has instead experienced His “mercy,” His “grace,” His “love,” all in “Christ Jesus” who “came into the world to save sinners,” and “among” these “sinners” I see myself as the “foremost of all” of them. The thought brethren still drives me to tears, even after thirty-some years of being in Christ.
All this in mind now I go off just as the apostle Paul did . . . . as a “sinner” saved by “grace” in “Christ Jesus,” the “love” of God so very evident in this magnificent redemptive story . . . as one who readily admits that amongst “sinners . . . I am foremost of all,” I too say,
- “Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen”
Brethren, I ask you, is that not your response also?
Have a good day . . . and as you walk be in remembrance of where you were and what God has done for you in Christ and then, consider your response.
Read part 2 in this three part devotion series HERE
Read part 3 in this three part devotion series HERE
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas