If you missed parts 1 & 2, start here: Now to the King
From First Timothy we read,
- “Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.” (I Timothy 1:17 – NASB)
The apostle Paul, in the very beginning of his letter to his beloved Timothy, speaks of the “Law” and how it is “good” (1:8) and how God uses that “Law” to convict “those who are lawless” (1:9) of acts that are “contrary to sound teaching” (1:10). The “Law” applied breaks us down into what we really are, sinners before a holy God. This is all a part of “the glorious gospel of the blessed God” (1:11). Convict with the “Law” and present the love of God in the good news of Christ!
From this point Paul goes on to “thank Christ Jesus our Lord” (1:12) for the “mercy” he has received (1:13), the “grace” and the “love” (1:14) he has experienced from “the blessed God,” the “God” of our salvation! And he then says,
- “It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all” (I Timothy 1:15 – NASB)
I would beg to argue with this great apostle . . . for brethren, I see myself as the “sinner” who is “foremost of all.” Yes, that is me who is at the head of the pack, who deserves God’s holy wrath but has instead experienced His “mercy,” His “grace,” His “love,” all in “Christ Jesus” who “came into the world to save sinners,” and “among” these “sinners” I see myself as the “foremost of all” of them. The thought brethren still drives me to tears, even after thirty-some years of being in Christ.
All this in mind now I go off just as the apostle Paul did . . . . as a “sinner” saved by “grace” in “Christ Jesus,” the “love” of God so very evident in this magnificent redemptive story . . . as one who readily admits that amongst “sinners . . . I am foremost of all,” I too say,
- “Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen”
Brethren, I ask you, is that not your response also?
Have a good day . . . and as you walk be in remembrance of where you were and what God has done for you in Christ and then, consider your response.
Read part 2 in this three part devotion series HERE
Read part 3 in this three part devotion series HERE
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR