If you missed parts 1 & 2, start here: Now to the King
From First Timothy we read,
- “Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.” (I Timothy 1:17 – NASB)
The apostle Paul, in the very beginning of his letter to his beloved Timothy, speaks of the “Law” and how it is “good” (1:8) and how God uses that “Law” to convict “those who are lawless” (1:9) of acts that are “contrary to sound teaching” (1:10). The “Law” applied breaks us down into what we really are, sinners before a holy God. This is all a part of “the glorious gospel of the blessed God” (1:11). Convict with the “Law” and present the love of God in the good news of Christ!
From this point Paul goes on to “thank Christ Jesus our Lord” (1:12) for the “mercy” he has received (1:13), the “grace” and the “love” (1:14) he has experienced from “the blessed God,” the “God” of our salvation! And he then says,
- “It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all” (I Timothy 1:15 – NASB)
I would beg to argue with this great apostle . . . for brethren, I see myself as the “sinner” who is “foremost of all.” Yes, that is me who is at the head of the pack, who deserves God’s holy wrath but has instead experienced His “mercy,” His “grace,” His “love,” all in “Christ Jesus” who “came into the world to save sinners,” and “among” these “sinners” I see myself as the “foremost of all” of them. The thought brethren still drives me to tears, even after thirty-some years of being in Christ.
All this in mind now I go off just as the apostle Paul did . . . . as a “sinner” saved by “grace” in “Christ Jesus,” the “love” of God so very evident in this magnificent redemptive story . . . as one who readily admits that amongst “sinners . . . I am foremost of all,” I too say,
- “Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen”
Brethren, I ask you, is that not your response also?
Have a good day . . . and as you walk be in remembrance of where you were and what God has done for you in Christ and then, consider your response.
Read part 2 in this three part devotion series HERE
Read part 3 in this three part devotion series HERE
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge