Daily Bread Devotions by Chuck Myer Daily Bread Archive | Sign up for our resources
Begin the morning with praise . . .
- “Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever.” (Psalm 118:1 – NKJV)
And so a most appropriate way to start the day, with our thoughts directed toward our God and the effort made on our part to recall that “He is good,” and that “His mercy endures forever.”
Let us consider this text from the apostle Paul’s letter to the Ephesian church,
- “Remember that you were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.” (Ephesians 2:12 – NASB)
There are in this life necessary things, things we cannot do without. They are essential. What are they? Well first of all, we need Christ! If one is “separate from Christ,” he or she has “no hope,” is “without God.”
Secondly, we need Christ to have shed His blood for our sins, for . . .
- “without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness” (Hebrews 9:22 – NASB)
Another necessary item is faith, for . . .
- “without faith it is impossible to please Him” (Hebrews 11:6 – NASB)
And this “faith” must be one that transforms a life, for . . .
- “faith without works is dead” (James 2:20 – KJV)
Necessary things! Yes, there are things which we absolutely need, things we cannot do without. We cannot do without Christ. We cannot do without His shed blood. We cannot do without faith in Him, and it must be a faith that brings forth works for Him.
Often we are a people who say, “I’ve got to have this thing and I’ve got to have that thing,” when in reality such things are not really necessary. The aforementioned things, taken from God’s Word, these are necessary things!
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk, through the Word of God, realize what things are truly necessary.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
This is not a Got Questions? article. But it's so popular it ranked among the top pages viewed:
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas