The old hymn notes, “It is well, it is well with my soul.” Well, I trust as you rise up to the new day you will take at least some time to take in the Word of God and in doing so you will be reminded of the Son of God, of His Person and His work . . . and you will be able to say, because of Him, “it is well, it is well with my soul.”
Meditation from a believer’s standpoint is a practice of holy thought, a pondering of holy writ. It is a taking in of the Scriptures and then taking some time to think upon them, dwell upon them, allowing God’s Word to take seat in our hearts and in our minds.
Psalm 119 has many meditations for the soul and it all has to do with God’s Word, with His precepts, His statutes, His commandments, His law. It is extremely edifying to take some of these words in for morning meditations . . .
- Blessed are the undefiled in the way, Who walk in the law of the LORD! (119:1)
- Oh, that my ways were directed To keep Your statutes! (119:5)
- I will meditate on Your precepts, And contemplate Your ways.(119:15)
- Open my eyes, that I may see Wondrous things from Your law. (119:18)
- Your testimonies also are my delight And my counselors. (119:24)
- Teach me, O LORD, the way of Your statutes, And I shall keep it to the end. (119:33)
- Behold, I long for Your precepts; Revive me in Your righteousness. (119:40)
- And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth, For I have hoped in Your ordinances. (119:43)
Just a few of the 176 verses of Psalm 119, a few for us to take in and ponder and meditate upon and say to the Holy Spirit, “Work in me O Spirit of God to love and adore and cherish and desire and delight in Your Word, to love it just as the psalmist so loved it.” May it be that we can say from our hearts,
The law of Your mouth is better to me Than thousands of coins of gold and silver. (119:72)
Here is a portion for our day, just a portion, and may it cause us to hunger for more, a hunger to be filled up with Thy law, Thy ways, Thy statutes, Thy precepts, Thine ordinances, Thy word.
Father, in closing, may the following words from Your Word come back to You from our lips as a result of our morning meditations,
Oh, how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day. (119:97)
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge