The old hymn notes, “It is well, it is well with my soul.” Well, I trust as you rise up to the new day you will take at least some time to take in the Word of God and in doing so you will be reminded of the Son of God, of His Person and His work . . . and you will be able to say, because of Him, “it is well, it is well with my soul.”
Meditation from a believer’s standpoint is a practice of holy thought, a pondering of holy writ. It is a taking in of the Scriptures and then taking some time to think upon them, dwell upon them, allowing God’s Word to take seat in our hearts and in our minds.
Psalm 119 has many meditations for the soul and it all has to do with God’s Word, with His precepts, His statutes, His commandments, His law. It is extremely edifying to take some of these words in for morning meditations . . .
- Blessed are the undefiled in the way, Who walk in the law of the LORD! (119:1)
- Oh, that my ways were directed To keep Your statutes! (119:5)
- I will meditate on Your precepts, And contemplate Your ways.(119:15)
- Open my eyes, that I may see Wondrous things from Your law. (119:18)
- Your testimonies also are my delight And my counselors. (119:24)
- Teach me, O LORD, the way of Your statutes, And I shall keep it to the end. (119:33)
- Behold, I long for Your precepts; Revive me in Your righteousness. (119:40)
- And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth, For I have hoped in Your ordinances. (119:43)
Just a few of the 176 verses of Psalm 119, a few for us to take in and ponder and meditate upon and say to the Holy Spirit, “Work in me O Spirit of God to love and adore and cherish and desire and delight in Your Word, to love it just as the psalmist so loved it.” May it be that we can say from our hearts,
The law of Your mouth is better to me Than thousands of coins of gold and silver. (119:72)
Here is a portion for our day, just a portion, and may it cause us to hunger for more, a hunger to be filled up with Thy law, Thy ways, Thy statutes, Thy precepts, Thine ordinances, Thy word.
Father, in closing, may the following words from Your Word come back to You from our lips as a result of our morning meditations,
Oh, how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day. (119:97)
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR