The old hymn notes, “It is well, it is well with my soul.” Well, I trust as you rise up to the new day you will take at least some time to take in the Word of God and in doing so you will be reminded of the Son of God, of His Person and His work . . . and you will be able to say, because of Him, “it is well, it is well with my soul.”
Meditation from a believer’s standpoint is a practice of holy thought, a pondering of holy writ. It is a taking in of the Scriptures and then taking some time to think upon them, dwell upon them, allowing God’s Word to take seat in our hearts and in our minds.
Psalm 119 has many meditations for the soul and it all has to do with God’s Word, with His precepts, His statutes, His commandments, His law. It is extremely edifying to take some of these words in for morning meditations . . .
- Blessed are the undefiled in the way, Who walk in the law of the LORD! (119:1)
- Oh, that my ways were directed To keep Your statutes! (119:5)
- I will meditate on Your precepts, And contemplate Your ways.(119:15)
- Open my eyes, that I may see Wondrous things from Your law. (119:18)
- Your testimonies also are my delight And my counselors. (119:24)
- Teach me, O LORD, the way of Your statutes, And I shall keep it to the end. (119:33)
- Behold, I long for Your precepts; Revive me in Your righteousness. (119:40)
- And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth, For I have hoped in Your ordinances. (119:43)
Just a few of the 176 verses of Psalm 119, a few for us to take in and ponder and meditate upon and say to the Holy Spirit, “Work in me O Spirit of God to love and adore and cherish and desire and delight in Your Word, to love it just as the psalmist so loved it.” May it be that we can say from our hearts,
The law of Your mouth is better to me Than thousands of coins of gold and silver. (119:72)
Here is a portion for our day, just a portion, and may it cause us to hunger for more, a hunger to be filled up with Thy law, Thy ways, Thy statutes, Thy precepts, Thine ordinances, Thy word.
Father, in closing, may the following words from Your Word come back to You from our lips as a result of our morning meditations,
Oh, how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day. (119:97)
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas