As we look into the Psalms may our request this day be, “Lord, do this, would You please,”
- “Teach me, O LORD, the way of Your statutes”
- “Give me understanding, and I shall keep Your law”
- “Make me walk in the path of Your commandments” (Psalm 119:33-35 – NKJV)
I have these three requests highlighted in my Bible. I want them to be my requests. I want them to be that which comes from my heart. For they serve as that which the Holy Spirit uses to make me more like Christ. And brethren, there is no doubt about what God’s will is for our lives; He wants us to be conformed to the image of His Son (Romans 8:28-29).
So I say to the Lord,
- “Teach Me . . . Give me . . . Make me”
There is a right “way” to God and there is a wrong “way.” Just as that is true so it is that there is a right “way” to walk in life and there is a wrong “way.” There is a “way” that pleases God and there is a “way” that does not please Him. Jesus told us very clearly, “I am the way” (John 14:6). He is the pattern, the example, the model if you will, the path, and the Father has said very clearly to us,
- “This is My beloved Son. Hear Him!” (Luke 9:35 – NKJV)
That divine instruction causes me to call out to the Lord,
- “Teach me, O LORD, the way of Your statutes . . . Give me understanding, and I shall keep Your law . . . Make me to walk in the path of Your commandments.”
We are conformed to Christ’s image as we are taught by Him. We are conformed to His image as we grasp more and more what He teaches us from His Word. We are conformed to His image as we yield to the Spirit’s leading, ordering our behavior in accordance with His example.
Our prayer should always be, on a daily basis,
- “Lord, do this, would You please. Teach me . . . Give me understanding . . . Make me to walk according to Your Word that I might fulfill Your will in this life You have given me . . . that I might be more and more like You, to the glory of the Father.”
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk underline in your memory bank the words of Scripture that the Spirit uses to urge us on to be more and more like Christ.
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR