Psalm 96 speaks of the call to worship God, who is the righteous judge,
- “Say among the nations, ‘The LORD reigns; indeed the world is firmly established, it will not be moved; He will judge the peoples with equity . . . Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice . . . before the LORD, for He is coming; For He is coming to judge the earth. He will judge the world in righteousness, and the peoples in His faithfulness.” (Psalm 96: 10-11, 13 – NASB)
You ever watch the TV program, Law & Order? I watch the reruns quite often. I find a great deal of interest in learning from these programs how the justice system works. As one takes in the various workings of those who make up the prosecution and the defense, and their dealings with the judges at the lower court level and also with those of the higher courts, you cannot help but find yourself, on an all too frequent basis, extremely frustrated. The justice system in our country has become, and is becoming, more and more corrupt. All to often laws are being instituted that work in the favor of the criminal, in the favor of the perpetrator of the crime rather than in bringing justice for those who are the victims of crime. If you watch the show you’ll see what I mean, and I can almost assure you, you’ll find yourself thinking that things are heavily slanted in favor of the wrong rather than the right.
Last night, as I watched an episode, the prosecuting attorney argued his case before the state supreme court. He lost his bid for what was the correct ruling the court should have made, for they ended up ruling in what was termed, “a political framework.” In other words, they voted not in terms of the law but according to their particular political affiliation. And this corrupted the right working of the law . . . justice was not served. The prosecutor noted that he never thought he’d see the day when judges would rule in this manner in a case that had to do with the murder of an individual.
The point is that this TV program reveals, to even the most casual viewer, the downgrading of our justice system. And that should be no surprise to us. For the more that sinful man makes laws the more and more they will corrupt them! True justice becomes a fleeting thing, and it is a most sobering matter to anyone who desires justice for the victims of crime.
Anger is a natural reaction . . . I shake my head in frustration as I witness a system that is burdened down with “red tape,” with contradictions, with laws and law books and lawmakers that are subject to the notions of men. And I am very aware that as men continue to make the law it will only become worse.
So where is the hope that justice will prevail? Brethren, for the Christian it is in knowing that “The LORD reigns,” that He will one day “judge the peoples with equity (or, “uprightness”).” He is the Righteous Judge, and “He is coming to judge the earth” and “He will judge the world in righteousness.”
The more I witness the corruption of our governments and our legal systems the more I long for His coming! For then things will be set right! You can bank on it . . . law and order will exist and true justice will be served!
Aren’t you encouraged that the Word tells us this? For you know . . . . it will come to pass!
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk do so as one who knows that the Lord is coming and He is bringing righteous judgment with Him.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas