From the Revelation we read,
- “Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away . . . Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God” (Revelation 21:1-2 – NKJV)
The apostle John, writing as the Spirit desires, closes the Bible with great and comforting words and a testimony of what he had been shown regarding what was to come; “a new heaven and a new earth” and a “holy city, New Jerusalem.” He bears witness that “the first heaven and the first earth had passed away” and now “coming down out of heaven from God” was this great “holy city” that would be the dwelling place of the ransomed of “God.” John tells us, “I saw” it!
We are told further into chapter 21 that,
- “He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son” (Revelation 21:7 – NKJV)
In this “holy city” those “who” have “overcome” (cf. I John 5:4-5) will be those who are inside the “city . . . from God.”
But the record does not stop there, for we are also told that there are those that are outside the “city . . . from God;”
- “But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone” (Revelation 21:8 – NKJV)
So we have . . . those inside the “city” and those outside the “city.” This stark truth that can unsettle our very souls.
It is common today to hear via all the media sources, secular and religious alike, that if there is a “heaven” then “God” will surely deal with everyone most generously. It is all too common to hear that “heaven” is real and that hell is not! But the Word of God will have nothing to do with this talk! It does instead note very clearly that “heaven” is and “the lake which burns with fire and brimstone” is . . . and in fact there are those inside the “city” and those outside.
Note well brethren,
- “Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.” (Revelation 22:14 – NKJV)
Have a good day . . . and think upon these Scriptures and think upon their sobering message and in reaction to them, seek to tell all those that you can about Jesus the Christ.
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge