From the Revelation we read,
- “Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away . . . Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God” (Revelation 21:1-2 – NKJV)
The apostle John, writing as the Spirit desires, closes the Bible with great and comforting words and a testimony of what he had been shown regarding what was to come; “a new heaven and a new earth” and a “holy city, New Jerusalem.” He bears witness that “the first heaven and the first earth had passed away” and now “coming down out of heaven from God” was this great “holy city” that would be the dwelling place of the ransomed of “God.” John tells us, “I saw” it!
We are told further into chapter 21 that,
- “He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son” (Revelation 21:7 – NKJV)
In this “holy city” those “who” have “overcome” (cf. I John 5:4-5) will be those who are inside the “city . . . from God.”
But the record does not stop there, for we are also told that there are those that are outside the “city . . . from God;”
- “But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone” (Revelation 21:8 – NKJV)
So we have . . . those inside the “city” and those outside the “city.” This stark truth that can unsettle our very souls.
It is common today to hear via all the media sources, secular and religious alike, that if there is a “heaven” then “God” will surely deal with everyone most generously. It is all too common to hear that “heaven” is real and that hell is not! But the Word of God will have nothing to do with this talk! It does instead note very clearly that “heaven” is and “the lake which burns with fire and brimstone” is . . . and in fact there are those inside the “city” and those outside.
Note well brethren,
- “Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.” (Revelation 22:14 – NKJV)
Have a good day . . . and think upon these Scriptures and think upon their sobering message and in reaction to them, seek to tell all those that you can about Jesus the Christ.
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR