Note what Moses wrote regarding our God . . .
- “For I proclaim the name of the LORD; ascribe greatness to our God! The Rock! His work is perfect, For all His ways are just; a God of faithfulness and without injustice, righteous and upright is He.” (Deuteronomy 32:3-4 – NASB)
You and I . . . we “proclaim the name of the Lord,” we “ascribe greatness to our God!” Do we not? As Dr. Henry Morris writes, “It is a thrilling exercise to note all the holy and gracious attributes attached to the name of God.” I add, “it is reassuring, it is comforting.”
For our God is “a God of faithfulness,” a God who is “without injustice.” He is “righteous” and He is “upright.” He is “the Rock” that does not move from these wonderful attributes that adorn His very character, nor does He move from the revelation of Himself.
As I look around me I see things changing and not changing for the better. On New Year’s eve as they prepared to drop the ball that famously signifies that the new year is now here, they played the old John Lennon song, “Imagine.” They play it in Times Square every year as the people await the ticking down of the old year’s clock. Have you ever listened to the words of that song? It carries a godless message, a message that essentially says, “somehow, with the right mind-set, the people of earth can bring peace and harmony and ultimately cure the problems that ail the human race, and accomplish such by removing the thought of heaven, and thus, of God.'” (note words, “imagine there is no heaven.”)
Brethren, if my only hope is in this world and the people of this world . . . I thought, “What a hopeless state to be in!” I thought, in regards to Lennon’s song, “What a hopeless message to proclaim to the masses.” This world has no solid foundation, there is no one who is firmly rooted and solidly “righteous and upright” and “just” and “faithful.” “Injustice” abounds as man seeks to satisfy self. When I hear that song of Lennon’s I am not filled with hope and great expectation, no, but rather my spirit becomes unsettled. I am moved to great concern by the thought that there hope in this world alone. What a terrible message to proclaim at the introduction of a new year . . . “imagine there is not heaven;” essentially, “imagine there is no” God.
My response to this evil message? “I proclaim the name of the Lord!” I “ascribe greatness to (my) God!” I recall to mind that our God is “the Rock!” He is immovable! He will bring all things to be as they should be . . . and that is good, for He is “just” and a God who is “righteous and upright!” And I do not sing, “imagine there is no heaven,” but instead, “Thy kingdom come!”
Brethren, bask in the light of our God as He is revealed in the Holy Scriptures and make note of all His “wonderful attributes.” Know that because of who He is and because of those things that go to make up His very character, the future is in good hands . . . and know, that in response to Lennon’s message, God says, “there is a heaven!” He has said so, and His “faithfulness” can be counted on.
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk open up the Word of God, put it in your mind, and be assured there is a heaven and there is a God . . . . . . and He is our God . . . what “a thrilling exercise!”
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference:
Visit our Store