Note what Moses wrote regarding our God . . .
- “For I proclaim the name of the LORD; ascribe greatness to our God! The Rock! His work is perfect, For all His ways are just; a God of faithfulness and without injustice, righteous and upright is He.” (Deuteronomy 32:3-4 – NASB)
You and I . . . we “proclaim the name of the Lord,” we “ascribe greatness to our God!” Do we not? As Dr. Henry Morris writes, “It is a thrilling exercise to note all the holy and gracious attributes attached to the name of God.” I add, “it is reassuring, it is comforting.”
For our God is “a God of faithfulness,” a God who is “without injustice.” He is “righteous” and He is “upright.” He is “the Rock” that does not move from these wonderful attributes that adorn His very character, nor does He move from the revelation of Himself.
As I look around me I see things changing and not changing for the better. On New Year’s eve as they prepared to drop the ball that famously signifies that the new year is now here, they played the old John Lennon song, “Imagine.” They play it in Times Square every year as the people await the ticking down of the old year’s clock. Have you ever listened to the words of that song? It carries a godless message, a message that essentially says, “somehow, with the right mind-set, the people of earth can bring peace and harmony and ultimately cure the problems that ail the human race, and accomplish such by removing the thought of heaven, and thus, of God.'” (note words, “imagine there is no heaven.”)
Brethren, if my only hope is in this world and the people of this world . . . I thought, “What a hopeless state to be in!” I thought, in regards to Lennon’s song, “What a hopeless message to proclaim to the masses.” This world has no solid foundation, there is no one who is firmly rooted and solidly “righteous and upright” and “just” and “faithful.” “Injustice” abounds as man seeks to satisfy self. When I hear that song of Lennon’s I am not filled with hope and great expectation, no, but rather my spirit becomes unsettled. I am moved to great concern by the thought that there hope in this world alone. What a terrible message to proclaim at the introduction of a new year . . . “imagine there is not heaven;” essentially, “imagine there is no” God.
My response to this evil message? “I proclaim the name of the Lord!” I “ascribe greatness to (my) God!” I recall to mind that our God is “the Rock!” He is immovable! He will bring all things to be as they should be . . . and that is good, for He is “just” and a God who is “righteous and upright!” And I do not sing, “imagine there is no heaven,” but instead, “Thy kingdom come!”
Brethren, bask in the light of our God as He is revealed in the Holy Scriptures and make note of all His “wonderful attributes.” Know that because of who He is and because of those things that go to make up His very character, the future is in good hands . . . and know, that in response to Lennon’s message, God says, “there is a heaven!” He has said so, and His “faithfulness” can be counted on.
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk open up the Word of God, put it in your mind, and be assured there is a heaven and there is a God . . . . . . and He is our God . . . what “a thrilling exercise!”
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge