From Second Corinthians we read,
- “Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him” (II Corinthians 5:9 – NKJV)
We approach the days that God gives us with different “aims,” don’t we? Setting our sights on this or that, sometimes many of our “aims” having nothing to do with the Lord.
The apostle Paul, in this second letter to the church at Corinth, defended his apostleship, and in the process he shared with the believers his daily “aim;”
- “. . . to be well pleasing to Him”
The NASB puts it this way,
- “Therefore also we have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him”
What a great principle to put into our hearts and minds this very day, that whether we are “at home” in these bodies that God has given us or “absent” and present with the Lord, that our “aim,” our “ambition” is always “to be pleasing to Him.”
O Lord . . . may you be “pleased” with us in our walk this very day, may You be honored and glorified, may it always be that we “aim” to “please” You.
Have a good day . . . and may the counsel of the Holy Spirit be that which you embrace with your whole heart, that you might be found to be pleasing to Christ the Lord.
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge