From Second Corinthians we read,
- “Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him” (II Corinthians 5:9 – NKJV)
We approach the days that God gives us with different “aims,” don’t we? Setting our sights on this or that, sometimes many of our “aims” having nothing to do with the Lord.
The apostle Paul, in this second letter to the church at Corinth, defended his apostleship, and in the process he shared with the believers his daily “aim;”
- “. . . to be well pleasing to Him”
The NASB puts it this way,
- “Therefore also we have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him”
What a great principle to put into our hearts and minds this very day, that whether we are “at home” in these bodies that God has given us or “absent” and present with the Lord, that our “aim,” our “ambition” is always “to be pleasing to Him.”
O Lord . . . may you be “pleased” with us in our walk this very day, may You be honored and glorified, may it always be that we “aim” to “please” You.
Have a good day . . . and may the counsel of the Holy Spirit be that which you embrace with your whole heart, that you might be found to be pleasing to Christ the Lord.
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR