As we sang yesterday morning at our worship service I thought upon this portion of Scripture,
- “I will rejoice greatly in the LORD, My soul will exult in my God. For He has clothed me with garments of salvation, He has wrapped me with a robe of righteousness . . .” (Isaiah 61:10 – NASB)
Yes, “I will rejoice greatly in” my God! The song that we sang caused me to consider the wonder of it all . . . all that Christ has done!
- “His robes for mine: O wonderful exchange!
- Clothed in my sin, Christ suffered ‘neath God’s rage.
- Draped in His righteousness, I’m justified.
- In Christ I live, for in my place He died.”
Our day can surely hold a great deal of activity, going to and fro, dealing with this responsibility, handling this task, meeting that commitment, taking care of that chore. We are a busy people, both in thought and in action. But somewhere along the line, should we not make time to stop and consider all that God has done for us in Christ, to consider the greatness of it all?
- “His robes for mine:, what cause have I to dread?
- God’s daunting Law Christ mastered in my stead.
- Faultless I stand, with righteous works not mine,
- Saved by my Lord’s vicarious death and life.”
What wonderful words to take in, to ponder, to meditate upon. Do they not bring a great sense of awe to your very being?
- “His robes for mine: God’s justice is appeased.
- Jesus is crushed, and thus the Father’s pleased.
- Christ drank God’s wrath on sin, then cried, ‘Tis done!’
- Sin’s wage is paid; propitiation won.”
Is that not what music is intended to do? To be a medium by which great truths of God are conveyed and, in turn, lead us to a worship that is in spirit and in truth?
- “His robes for mine: such anguish none can know.
- Christ, God’s beloved, condemned as though His foe.
- He, as though I, accursed and left alone;
- I, as though He, embraced and welcomed home.”
Brethren, the words of a song don’t get any better than that! Such magnificent truths brought to our minds in song! I sing, and I think upon what I am singing . . . and I am moved to worship, moved by truths conveyed in song. And so the refrain . . .
- “I cling to Christ, and marvel at the cost:
- Jesus forsaken, God estranged from God.
- Bought by such love, my life is not my own:
- My praise — my all — shall be for Christ alone.”
“God estranged from God . . .” and such, “I . . . marvel at the cost,” the “cost” that was paid for those “robes” that are now “mine.” My only response must be a heart of thanksgiving, lips speaking great “praise,” and a willingness to give “my all . . . for Christ alone.’
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk take some time to consider just how precious are those robes of His that now we claim as ours.
Please consider supporting Reasons for Hope* Jesus in our ministry outreach of educating and equipping Christians to know Jesus better, love Him more, and be ready to share their faith. For more information, click HERE
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge