Daily Bread Devotions by Chuck Myer Daily Bread Archive | Sign up for our resources
As we sang yesterday morning at our worship service I thought upon this portion of Scripture,
- “I will rejoice greatly in the LORD, My soul will exult in my God. For He has clothed me with garments of salvation, He has wrapped me with a robe of righteousness . . .” (Isaiah 61:10 – NASB)
Yes, “I will rejoice greatly in” my God! The song that we sang caused me to consider the wonder of it all . . . all that Christ has done!
- “His robes for mine: O wonderful exchange!
- Clothed in my sin, Christ suffered ‘neath God’s rage.
- Draped in His righteousness, I’m justified.
- In Christ I live, for in my place He died.”
Our day can surely hold a great deal of activity, going to and fro, dealing with this responsibility, handling this task, meeting that commitment, taking care of that chore. We are a busy people, both in thought and in action. But somewhere along the line, should we not make time to stop and consider all that God has done for us in Christ, to consider the greatness of it all?
- “His robes for mine:, what cause have I to dread?
- God’s daunting Law Christ mastered in my stead.
- Faultless I stand, with righteous works not mine,
- Saved by my Lord’s vicarious death and life.”
What wonderful words to take in, to ponder, to meditate upon. Do they not bring a great sense of awe to your very being?
- “His robes for mine: God’s justice is appeased.
- Jesus is crushed, and thus the Father’s pleased.
- Christ drank God’s wrath on sin, then cried, ‘Tis done!’
- Sin’s wage is paid; propitiation won.”
Is that not what music is intended to do? To be a medium by which great truths of God are conveyed and, in turn, lead us to a worship that is in spirit and in truth?
- “His robes for mine: such anguish none can know.
- Christ, God’s beloved, condemned as though His foe.
- He, as though I, accursed and left alone;
- I, as though He, embraced and welcomed home.”
Brethren, the words of a song don’t get any better than that! Such magnificent truths brought to our minds in song! I sing, and I think upon what I am singing . . . and I am moved to worship, moved by truths conveyed in song. And so the refrain . . .
- “I cling to Christ, and marvel at the cost:
- Jesus forsaken, God estranged from God.
- Bought by such love, my life is not my own:
- My praise — my all — shall be for Christ alone.”
“God estranged from God . . .” and such, “I . . . marvel at the cost,” the “cost” that was paid for those “robes” that are now “mine.” My only response must be a heart of thanksgiving, lips speaking great “praise,” and a willingness to give “my all . . . for Christ alone.’
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk take some time to consider just how precious are those robes of His that now we claim as ours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
This is not a Got Questions? article. But it's so popular it ranked among the top pages viewed:
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas