Let us take a look into God’s most holy Word, this morning’s reading coming from the Psalms,
- “You will guide me with Your counsel, and afterward receive me in glory” (Psalm 73:24 – NKJV)
In taking a moment to think about our text it seems clear that this verse concerns itself with more than just a fragment of our lives. It is intended to encompass our whole life. It is saying that, “Through life Lord, You will guide me with Your counsel, and upon the conclusion of my life here on this earth, one directed by Your counsel, You Lord will receive me in glory.”
We live in a time when counselors abound! Professional counseling comes at us from all angles. There are the psychologists and psychiatrists that seek to counsel our minds, financial and investment counselors that seek to help us with our finances, child counselors that seek to counsel our kids, guidance counselors, marriage counselors, dietary counselors . . . well, you get the picture!
So many who seek to direct our steps through life. The problem lies in that the “counsel” of these so-called specialists flows primarily from humanistic methods and techniques that find their very source of origin in animal ancestry. Our society, our culture, and the way we approach life and all that it entails is based on an evolutionary mind-set. That, unfortunately, is a fact!
Surely counsel is needed by all of us, that is understood. But I would warn, not from a non-Christian counselor!
- “Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly” (Psalm 1:1 – NKJV)
Christ is the One from whom the Christian seeks “counsel.” Is He not called, “Wonderful, Counselor . . .” (Isaiah 9:6)? By the Holy Spirit that indwells the believer, “the Spirit of truth” (John 16:13), we are given insight to the “counsel” that is according to God’s very own will (Ephesians 1:11) . . . all of this coming to the disciple of Christ by the inspired Word of God. This Word is,
- “. . . perfect, restoring the soul . . . sure, making wise the simple . . . right, rejoicing the heart . . .pure, enlightening the eyes . . . by (it) thy servant is warned” (Psalm 19: 7-8, 11 – NASB)
Our counseling, our counselors, the advice we give and receive, all needs to be in accordance with Scripture, “prayerfully guided by the Holy Spirit of truth.” As this is done God will guide us with His “counsel” throughout our lives, and at life’s conclusion on this earth, “receive (us) in glory.”
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk do so according to the leading of the Holy Spirit as He counsels you in accordance with His holy Word.
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR