Let us take a look into God’s most holy Word, this morning’s reading coming from the Psalms,
- “You will guide me with Your counsel, and afterward receive me in glory” (Psalm 73:24 – NKJV)
In taking a moment to think about our text it seems clear that this verse concerns itself with more than just a fragment of our lives. It is intended to encompass our whole life. It is saying that, “Through life Lord, You will guide me with Your counsel, and upon the conclusion of my life here on this earth, one directed by Your counsel, You Lord will receive me in glory.”
We live in a time when counselors abound! Professional counseling comes at us from all angles. There are the psychologists and psychiatrists that seek to counsel our minds, financial and investment counselors that seek to help us with our finances, child counselors that seek to counsel our kids, guidance counselors, marriage counselors, dietary counselors . . . well, you get the picture!
So many who seek to direct our steps through life. The problem lies in that the “counsel” of these so-called specialists flows primarily from humanistic methods and techniques that find their very source of origin in animal ancestry. Our society, our culture, and the way we approach life and all that it entails is based on an evolutionary mind-set. That, unfortunately, is a fact!
Surely counsel is needed by all of us, that is understood. But I would warn, not from a non-Christian counselor!
- “Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly” (Psalm 1:1 – NKJV)
Christ is the One from whom the Christian seeks “counsel.” Is He not called, “Wonderful, Counselor . . .” (Isaiah 9:6)? By the Holy Spirit that indwells the believer, “the Spirit of truth” (John 16:13), we are given insight to the “counsel” that is according to God’s very own will (Ephesians 1:11) . . . all of this coming to the disciple of Christ by the inspired Word of God. This Word is,
- “. . . perfect, restoring the soul . . . sure, making wise the simple . . . right, rejoicing the heart . . .pure, enlightening the eyes . . . by (it) thy servant is warned” (Psalm 19: 7-8, 11 – NASB)
Our counseling, our counselors, the advice we give and receive, all needs to be in accordance with Scripture, “prayerfully guided by the Holy Spirit of truth.” As this is done God will guide us with His “counsel” throughout our lives, and at life’s conclusion on this earth, “receive (us) in glory.”
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk do so according to the leading of the Holy Spirit as He counsels you in accordance with His holy Word.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas