- “And you, being dead in your trespasses and sins, in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath. But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together in Christ (by grace you have been saved)” (Ephesians 2:1-5 – NASB)
As I was praying this morning, as I paused in my prayers, the words of an old hymn came to my mind . . .
- “Marvelous grace of our loving Lord, grace that exceeds our sin and our guilt!
- Yonder on Calvary’s mount out – poured . . . There where the blood of the Lamb was spilt”
And the refrain,
- “Grace, grace, God’s grace, Grace that will pardon and cleanse within,
- Grace, grace, God’s grace, Grace that is greater than all our sin!”
Ah yes . . . “Marvelous grace,” the “grace of our loving Lord,” by it we “have been saved!” Brethren, that is a most powerful truth! Dr. John MacArthur has written regarding this grace,
- “We cannot sin beyond God’s grace, because as wicked and extensive as our sins might be or become, they will never approach the greatness of His grace.”
As the great old hymn drives home, “Grace that exceeds our sin and our guilt.”
“Dead” in our “sins and trespasses . . . the sons of disobedience . . . by nature children of wrath . . . But God . . . But God . . . . even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together in Christ (by grace you have been saved)”
What a wonderful truth to meditate upon in this new day, what a wonderful truth to ponder and to allow to permeate our minds.
- “For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God” (Ephesians 2:8 – NASB)
I’m just a sinner, “saved . . . by grace . . . through faith,” and none of this is “of” myself” but “it is the gift of God.” It is “Grace that will pardon and cleanse within . . . Grace that is greater than all (my) sin!”
Brethren . . . do you know that old hymn? You should! Better yet . . . do you know of that grace it speaks of?
Have a good day . . . and as you walk think upon where you were and where God’s grace has brought you!
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas