From the book of James we read:
- “You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with world is hostility toward God? Therefore, whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.” (James 4:4 – NASB)
There is a core within so-called evangelicalism today that is saying, “if we look more like them, act more like them, they will be more likely to be attracted to us.”
According to the Scriptures I do not buy that reasoning for a minute!
Jesus surely never gave us such a mandate! The apostle Paul never gave us such an example (note his ministry in Athens in Acts 17)! Scripture never leads us to believe such a message!
Our Lord said very clearly,
- “If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.” (John 15:18-19 – NASB)
The reason “the world hates” the disciple of Christ is because of the message of that disciple, because of the way that disciple lives, because that disciple will not alter their message, will not fudge on the proclamation of God’s Word, and will not conform to the world’s standard of living. Just as Christ did not waiver in these things so His disciples do not waiver. And thus, “the world hates you,” hating you because it “hated (Him) before.”
We are not to take on the dressings of the world in an attempt to make our message of the cross more acceptable to the masses. We are not to make a “friendship” with “the world” that in any way, shape, or form will adulterate the Word of God.
Beware brethren . . . . be Bereans! Do not allow yourself to be duped by Satan into catering to “the world” and its sinful ways. Do not allow yourself to compromise the message of the cross! “The world” would desire us to do that, but we must not let it happen! Be aware and recall to mind,
- “. . . friendship with the world is hostility toward God. Therefore, whoever wishes to be a friend to the world make himself an enemy of God.”
Little doubt as to what the Holy Spirit is saying to us in this text, would you not agree?
Have a good day . . . . and as you walk do so as a disciple of Christ in a world that you know is hostile to Him, but needs the truth of Him oh so much.
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR