From the book of James we read:
- “You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with world is hostility toward God? Therefore, whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.” (James 4:4 – NASB)
There is a core within so-called evangelicalism today that is saying, “if we look more like them, act more like them, they will be more likely to be attracted to us.”
According to the Scriptures I do not buy that reasoning for a minute!
Jesus surely never gave us such a mandate! The apostle Paul never gave us such an example (note his ministry in Athens in Acts 17)! Scripture never leads us to believe such a message!
Our Lord said very clearly,
- “If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.” (John 15:18-19 – NASB)
The reason “the world hates” the disciple of Christ is because of the message of that disciple, because of the way that disciple lives, because that disciple will not alter their message, will not fudge on the proclamation of God’s Word, and will not conform to the world’s standard of living. Just as Christ did not waiver in these things so His disciples do not waiver. And thus, “the world hates you,” hating you because it “hated (Him) before.”
We are not to take on the dressings of the world in an attempt to make our message of the cross more acceptable to the masses. We are not to make a “friendship” with “the world” that in any way, shape, or form will adulterate the Word of God.
Beware brethren . . . . be Bereans! Do not allow yourself to be duped by Satan into catering to “the world” and its sinful ways. Do not allow yourself to compromise the message of the cross! “The world” would desire us to do that, but we must not let it happen! Be aware and recall to mind,
- “. . . friendship with the world is hostility toward God. Therefore, whoever wishes to be a friend to the world make himself an enemy of God.”
Little doubt as to what the Holy Spirit is saying to us in this text, would you not agree?
Have a good day . . . . and as you walk do so as a disciple of Christ in a world that you know is hostile to Him, but needs the truth of Him oh so much.
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge