It is a new day! And the Lord our God has chosen to give us the morning and possibly, the whole day. What do I mean by, “possibly?”
- “Alas for the day! For the day of the LORD is near, and it will come as destruction from the Almighty” (Joel 1:15 – NASB)
The day of man has run for thousands of years . . . it may seem to us it is a run that apparently is endless. But “Alas” writes the prophet Joel “for the day!” Because, “the day of the LORD is near.”
There is coming a “day” in which “Almighty” God will bring “destruction.” Dr. Henry Morris writes, “Our God of grace has been patient and long-suffering through the long years of human indifference and rebellion and wickedness, but His day is coming . . .”
- “. . . for strong is He who carries out His word. The day of the LORD is indeed great and very awesome, and who can endure it?” (Joel 2:11 – NASB)
Other prophets have also written of this “day,”
- “Near is the great day of the LORD, near and coming very quickly” (Zephaniah 1:14 – NASB)
- “For the day is near, even the day of the LORD is near” (Ezekiel 30:3 – NASB)
- “For the day of the LORD draws near on all the nations” (Obadiah 15 – NASB)
These prophets, by God’s divine hand, saw into the future, having visions of the coming “day of the LORD . . . the day of” Yaweh! The “day” when “Almighty” God will carry out judgment upon mankind. And each one noted that it is “near.”
It is, to the non-believer, a “day” of dread . . .
- “Alas, you who are longing for the day of the LORD, for what purpose will the day of the LORD be to you? It will be darkness and not light” (Amos 5:18 – NASB)
The “day” will “be darkness and not light,” and for those who have rejected God’s message of reconciliation that is in His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, there will be great distress as the just judgment of God is carried out.
For the believer? The apostle Peter wrote,
- “But the day of the Lord will come like a thief . . . But according to His promise we are looking for a new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.” (II Peter 3:10, 13 – NASB)
We may tend to take it lightly, saying, “Oh the ‘day’ is far off,” . . . . . but we who belong to Christ must not deal with this matter flippantly . . .
- “For the day of the LORD is near . . .” (Joel 3:14 – NASB)
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk do so as one who is aware that time really is short, days as we are so familiar with are not guaranteed, but the day of the Lord is, and it is coming . . . . . . and it is near.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas