- “Let heaven and earth praise Him, the seas and everything that moves in them.” (Psalm 69:34 – NKJV)
Dr. Henry Morris has written,
- “We may not yet understand the full purpose of God in creation, but at least one aspect of that purpose is that all things created should somehow praise their Creator.”
We see this theme throughout the Scriptures and it is especially prevalent in the psalms. Note . . .
- “The heavens declare the glory of God: and the firmament shows His handiwork.” (Psalms 19:1 – NKJV)
- “Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; let the sea roar, and all it fullness; let the field be joyful, and all that is in it. Then all the trees of the woods will rejoice before the LORD.” (Psalm 96:11-12 – NKJV)
- “All Your works shall praise You, O LORD . . .” (Psalm 145:10 – NKJV)
- “Praise Him, sun and moon; praise Him, all you stars of light! Praise Him, you heavens of heavens, and you waters above the heavens! . . . Praise the LORD from the earth, you great sea creatures and all the depths; fire and hail, snow and clouds; stormy wind, fulfilling His words; mountains and all hills; fruitful trees and all cedars; beasts and all cattle; creeping things and flying fowl” (Psalm 148:3-4, 7-10 – NKJV)
I find it interesting as we consider these texts that Jesus said,
- “But He answered and said to them, ‘I tell you that if these should keep silent, the stones would immediately cry out'” (Luke 19:40 – NKJV)
The Creator was among us, and men who would soon turn against him were for the moment praising Him, just as it should be. And if they failed to do so then the creation “would immediately cry out.” It was a moment for such an event and Jesus was going to receive His due praise even if “the stones” had to be that which provided it.
The creation praising its Maker! It is indeed noteworthy how often the Scriptures speak of it. My finite mind can only stumble onto words here to explain this, but it is for certain that right now,
- “. . . the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs” (Romans 8:22 – NKJV)
. . . and with,
- “. . . earnest expectation . . . eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God” (Romans 8:19 – NKJV)
. . . an “earnest expectation” by a living “creation” to be what God always intended it to be, without thorn or thistle, to the praise of the glory of Him who has created it all.
I also have that “earnest expectation,” to be what God always intended me to be, no longer groaning within this flesh but fully realizing that which my Creator has always intended for me. Are you not of the same mind?
Have a good day . . . and take note of that which surrounds you, the creation, and note how it speaks to the glory of God!
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR