- “Let heaven and earth praise Him, the seas and everything that moves in them.” (Psalm 69:34 – NKJV)
Dr. Henry Morris has written,
- “We may not yet understand the full purpose of God in creation, but at least one aspect of that purpose is that all things created should somehow praise their Creator.”
We see this theme throughout the Scriptures and it is especially prevalent in the psalms. Note . . .
- “The heavens declare the glory of God: and the firmament shows His handiwork.” (Psalms 19:1 – NKJV)
- “Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; let the sea roar, and all it fullness; let the field be joyful, and all that is in it. Then all the trees of the woods will rejoice before the LORD.” (Psalm 96:11-12 – NKJV)
- “All Your works shall praise You, O LORD . . .” (Psalm 145:10 – NKJV)
- “Praise Him, sun and moon; praise Him, all you stars of light! Praise Him, you heavens of heavens, and you waters above the heavens! . . . Praise the LORD from the earth, you great sea creatures and all the depths; fire and hail, snow and clouds; stormy wind, fulfilling His words; mountains and all hills; fruitful trees and all cedars; beasts and all cattle; creeping things and flying fowl” (Psalm 148:3-4, 7-10 – NKJV)
I find it interesting as we consider these texts that Jesus said,
- “But He answered and said to them, ‘I tell you that if these should keep silent, the stones would immediately cry out'” (Luke 19:40 – NKJV)
The Creator was among us, and men who would soon turn against him were for the moment praising Him, just as it should be. And if they failed to do so then the creation “would immediately cry out.” It was a moment for such an event and Jesus was going to receive His due praise even if “the stones” had to be that which provided it.
The creation praising its Maker! It is indeed noteworthy how often the Scriptures speak of it. My finite mind can only stumble onto words here to explain this, but it is for certain that right now,
- “. . . the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs” (Romans 8:22 – NKJV)
. . . and with,
- “. . . earnest expectation . . . eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God” (Romans 8:19 – NKJV)
. . . an “earnest expectation” by a living “creation” to be what God always intended it to be, without thorn or thistle, to the praise of the glory of Him who has created it all.
I also have that “earnest expectation,” to be what God always intended me to be, no longer groaning within this flesh but fully realizing that which my Creator has always intended for me. Are you not of the same mind?
Have a good day . . . and take note of that which surrounds you, the creation, and note how it speaks to the glory of God!
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas