From John’s first epistle we read,
“And now, little children, abide in Him, so that when He appears we may have confidence and not shrink away from Him in shame at His coming.” (I John 2:28 – NASB)
There are in the Scriptures many promises of the return of our Lord Jesus Christ. Note what the apostle Paul wrote,
“When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory.” (Colossians 3:4 – NASB)
And then, there is the author of Hebrews,
“. . . but now once at the consummation of the ages He has been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself . . . so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, shall appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin” (Hebrews 9:26, 28 – NASB)
The apostle Peter writes,
“And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the unfading crown of glory.” (I Peter 5:4 – NASB)
All these wonderful promises regarding the return of Christ. Wonderful words of hope, and to this believer, of great expectation.
And yet another promise of His coming, again by the pen of the apostle John,
“Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we shall be. We know that, when He appears, we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him just as He is. And everyone who has this hope fixed on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.” (I John 3:2-3 – NASB)
So, at His appearing, we “will be revealed with Him in glory.” At His appearing we will experience full “salvation without reference to sin.” At His appearing we “will receive the unfading crown of glory,” And at His appearing we “shall be like Him.”
And so, every believer “who has this hope fixed on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.” His appearing is great incentive for us to diligently labor to “purify” ourselves for John issues a most disturbing warning: could it be that when He appears we would find ourselves “shrinking away from Him in shame?”
As we ponder these words of His sure coming, do we not desire to have Him find us faithful? Then let us so set our hearts to do just that, and may it never be that He should find us “shrinking away from Him in shame.”
Have a good day. . . and you do know, don’t you, that we who are His do live in great expectation of His coming . . . how about you?
Make the pledge to be unashamed…
Read: What is The Fellowship of the Unashamed? If you don’t know this poem, you need to read it today. Let it direct your heart and commit your mind to faithful fellowship with the One who is your everything.
Be Ready Always...
to give a reason for the Hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15). When you can’t share the gospel with your words, share it by leaving tracts that tell people about God's grace.
When leaving a tract, always be diligent to pray for the short gospel message. Pray that it be found by someone who is in need of Jesus’ saving grace, and pray that the person will have a tender heart and open ears to receive the gift Jesus desires to give them.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, even a small tract can help in turning a broken, sinful person from darkness to light.
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge