The Scripture records for us the coming of the “Son,” of “Jesus,” of “Immanuel” . . .
- “And she will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for it is He who will save His people from their sins . . . and they shall call His name Immanuel, which translated means, ‘God with us.” (Matthew 1:21, 23 – NASB)
In the old carol it is said,
And then the chorus says to us,
Certainly this old Christmas carol, one first published in 1827, brings to our minds great “tidings of comfort and joy.” As our Scripture text bears witness, a baby was going to be born, “a Son.” And “His name” was to be called “Jesus.” And this “Jesus” would be called “Immanuel, which translated means, ‘God with us.'”
Oh what a blessed reminder to us in this season of great “comfort and joy.” A “blessed babe was born and laid within a manger” on the first Christmas “morn.”
Ah yes! Find great “comfort and joy,” for “God our heavenly Father” is magnified and lifted up, for He has “brought tidings of the same” to a world lost in sin, “how that in Bethlehem was born the Son of God by name.”
- “God was in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself . . .” (II Corinthians 5:19 – NASB)
Please consider supporting Reasons for Hope* Jesus in our ministry outreach of equipping, encouraging, and empowering Christians to know Jesus better, to love Him more, and to be ready to share their faith. CLICK HERE
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR