The Scripture records for us the coming of the “Son,” of “Jesus,” of “Immanuel” . . .
- “And she will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for it is He who will save His people from their sins . . . and they shall call His name Immanuel, which translated means, ‘God with us.” (Matthew 1:21, 23 – NASB)
In the old carol it is said,
And then the chorus says to us,
Certainly this old Christmas carol, one first published in 1827, brings to our minds great “tidings of comfort and joy.” As our Scripture text bears witness, a baby was going to be born, “a Son.” And “His name” was to be called “Jesus.” And this “Jesus” would be called “Immanuel, which translated means, ‘God with us.'”
Oh what a blessed reminder to us in this season of great “comfort and joy.” A “blessed babe was born and laid within a manger” on the first Christmas “morn.”
Ah yes! Find great “comfort and joy,” for “God our heavenly Father” is magnified and lifted up, for He has “brought tidings of the same” to a world lost in sin, “how that in Bethlehem was born the Son of God by name.”
- “God was in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself . . .” (II Corinthians 5:19 – NASB)
Please consider supporting Reasons for Hope* Jesus in our ministry outreach of educating and equipping Christians to know Jesus better, love Him more, and be ready to share their faith. For more information, click HERE
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge