As we approach Christmas Day, consider a text from the book of Hebrews. Here we have a conversation in the heavens, a divine insight into the coming into the world of the second Person of the Trinity.
- “For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. Therefore, when He come into the world, He says, ‘Sacrifices and offering Thou hast not desired. But a body Thou hast prepared for Me . . . Behold, I have come (in the roll of the book it is written of Me) to do Thy will, O God . . .’ Then He said, ‘Behold, I have come to do Thy will.’ He takes away the first in order to establish the second. By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.” (Hebrews 10: 4-5, 7, 9-10)
What a magnificent text regarding the miracle of Christmas. A conversation in which the Son says,
- “Sacrifices and offering (the old practices of the law – note 10:1-3) Thou hast not desired.”
So . . .
- “. . . a body Thou has prepared for Me”
And willingly the Son of God says,
- “Behold, I have come . . . to do Thy will, O God”
To take . . .
- . . . away the first in order to establish the second.”
The old system, that these who were being written to were thinking of going back to, God “hast not desired” to continue. It was “impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins,” it was impossible for this system to “make perfect those who draw near” (10:1). It only served as a reminder that a greater sacrifice was needed.
So God, in His great plan of salvation, set about to send His Son into the world. And He did this by preparing a “a body” for Him. A perfect “body” for God the Son to inhabit, “prepared” by God Himself and placed into the body of the virgin . . .
- “And the angel said to her, ‘Do not be afraid, Mary; for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb, and bear a son, and you will name Him Jesus’ . . . And Mary said to the angel, ‘How can this be, since I am a virgin?’ And the angel answered and said to her, ‘The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy offspring shall be called the Son of God.’” (Luke 1:30-31, 34-35)
I am in great wonder as I read these things and I would trust that you are also. “In the roll of the book it is written” that the Promise, that the Christ, the Savior will come and He will come “to do” the “will” of “God,” that we, “through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ . . . by this will, we have been sanctified.”
Christmas . . . “when He comes into the world,” it is a most special time, a time of miracles. The non-believer pays little attention to this “power of the Most High,” but brethren, we do not. We know from what is “written . . . in the roll of the book” that God “hast prepared for . . . Jesus . . . a body.” He “came upon . . . (the) virgin . . . the power of the Most High . . . overshadow(ing)” her that she might bring forth “the holy offspring” who would be, and is, “the Son of God.”
Christmas . . . we celebrate His coming “into the world . . . ” what a glorious message we have within us for our children and for their children and for any that we might come in contact with.
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk may the great truths of what Christmas is all about cause you to pause and marvel and be filled with great awe.
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference:
Visit our Store