The Scriptures assure us in the new day,
- “Hence, also, He is able to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them” (Hebrews 7:25 – NASB)
This early morn I listened to the great old hymn written by Charles Wesley, “Arise My Soul, Arise.” What a great old hymn! What great doctrine! It was said in past days by a Methodist minister that he knew of over 200 people who had come to Christ through singing this hymn. Its words certainly seem to highlight the words of our Scripture text. Read the verse, then sing the hymn . . .
- “Arise my soul, arise. Shake off thy guilty fears.
- The bleeding Sacrifice in my behalf appears.
- Before the throne my Surety stands, Before the throne my Surety stands;
- My name is written on His hands.”
- “He ever lives above for me to intercede,
- His all-redeeming love, His precious blood to plead.
- His blood atoned for all our race, His blood atoned for all our race,
- And sprinkles now the throne of grace.”
Oh yes oh soul of mine . . . Arise to give Him praise! Shake off the guilty fears of sin for Christ is alive and “He is able to save forever those who draw near to God through Him.” Christ, my “Surety,” He “stands . . . before the throne,” appearing “in my behalf.” And what an Advocate He is, what a High Priest He is . . . and what at joy to my soul to know “my name is written on His hands.”
Rejoice! For the hymn says, “He ever lives above to intercede” on our behalf affirming the Scripture that “He always lives to make intercession for them,” for the redeemed. He “pleads . . . His precious blood,” that which He shed for our sin, giving His life in place of ours, taking the judgment of our sin upon Himself. His blood “sprinkles the throne of grace,” a place where we were once unable to go but now, because of Christ, because of who He is and what He has done, we can now enter into.
Oh yes . . . Arise my soul arise! And arise with great joy and with great confidence,
- “My God is reconciled; His pard’ning voice I hear.
- He owns me for His child; I can no longer fear.
- With confidence I now draw nigh, with confidence I now draw nigh,
- And, Father, Abba, Father, cry.”
Oh the great words of reconciliation, of access, of assurance . . . do they not cause your soul to leap within your breast? Oh “arise my soul” and rejoice, for because of Christ my Savior “with confidence I now draw nigh” to God!
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk may your soul arise as you joyously consider all God has done for and is doing for you in Christ.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas