Daily Bread Devotions by Chuck Myer Daily Bread Archive | Sign up for our resources
May the Lord bless you as the new day takes shape, and may your time spent within the day be a time that no matter what you are doing Christ is not far from your thoughts.
And, may you have as your goal to . . .
• “grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ” (II Peter 3:18 – NKJV)
The apostle Peter ends his last epistle with this command to all believers. He has exhorted us in this final chapter to be mindful of those who have spoken to us through the Word of God, told us of things to come and last day events and then warned us of those who would be “scoffers” of such events. He has explained to us why it is that God delays these days of “judgment,” and then, noting that we know such things and “look for such things” he commands us to,
• “grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ”
This is to be what we are to be doing in these last days, and it is of utmost importance that we who are disciples of Christ obey the voice of our Lord. Failure to do so can cause us to “fall from (our) own steadfastness,” cause us to be “led away with the error of the wicked.”
So warned, so commanded, we know don’t we brethren, how it is we do this “growing?” By saturating our minds with the holy Word of God!
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk diligently labor to be the disciple Christ has called you to be (John 17:17).
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
This is not a Got Questions? article. But it's so popular it ranked among the top pages viewed:
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas