We each have an area in our life that is just like a giant. It’s something huge, something that overwhelms us, causes anxiety, and seemingly cannot be conquered. It might be finances, challenging relationships, health problems, addictions, or any number of other problems or challenges. What can we learn from King David who fought the giant that opposed him?
How did David conquer Goliath? He focused on God and His ability to deliver vs. Goliath. He stepped out by faith to defend God’s name and His power and acknowledged that the battle belonged to the LORD. David also remembered God’s faithfulness in the past. God had empowered David (a shepherd boy) to fight and kill a lion and a bear to protect his sheep. Therefore, when the opportunity came to fight Goliath, David was READY. He didn’t let his fear, his age, or the circumstances keep him out of the battle.
It’s not comfortable to get into battle; it’s much easier to stay home and do nothing and just let someone else “fix it”. David did what the army of Israel wasn’t willing to do. They were too afraid to fight. God had prepared David for this moment. David knew that, with God, the great risk would yield great victory!
Our faith is not a blind faith but a faith that is based on our God, His character and His ability to do as He has promised. What is your Goliath? How has God prepared you to be READY and ABLE to conquer your present-day Goliath? Are you willing to step out in faith, use your gifts, and trust in the LORD Almighty to give you the victory?
David – GREAT FAITH YIELDS GREAT VICTORIES!!!
And all the men of Israel, when they saw the man (Goliath), fled from him and were dreadfully afraid (1 Samuel 17:24)
Moreover David said, “The Lord, who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.” (1 Samuel 17:37)
Then David said to the Philistine, “You come to me with a sword, with a spear, and with a javelin. But I come to you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you. …Then all this assembly shall know that the LORD does not save with sword and spear; for the battle is the LORD’s, and He will give you into our hands.” (1 Samuel 17:45-47)
Be Ready Always...
to give a reason for the Hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15). When you can’t share the gospel with your words, share it by leaving tracts that tell people about God's grace.
When leaving a tract, always be diligent to pray about the short gospel message. Pray that it be found by someone who is in need of Jesus’ saving grace, and pray that the person will have a tender heart and open ears to receive the gift Jesus desires to give them.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, even a small tract can help in turning a broken sinner from darkness to light.
SHARE THE GOSPEL!
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
The Top Ten from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOOa sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDANRiver mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean toTASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM’S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus?Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVENwithout knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men’s THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?