From the psalms we read,
- “O LORD, Thou hast searched me and known me” (Psalm 139:1 – NASB)
Oh my, what a powerful truth to ponder! Can it be true, this biblical teaching, that God “searches” us, and that He “knows” us . . . everything about us?
Dr. Henry Morris writes,
- “Perhaps the most frightening attribute of God is that He knows everything about us. Everything!”
The Scripture says that He has “searched” (lit. “penetrated”) us and “known” (“understood”) us. That’s right! The conclusion regarding this is, that nothing about us escapes His “conscious knowledge.”
- “Thou dost know when I sit down and when I rise up” (Psalm 139:2 – NASB)
How far can this knowledge of us go, how detailed is it? Well, He “dost know when I sit down and when I rise up.” That brethren is more personal than any earthly relationship I have or, have ever had, or ever will have.
- “Thou dost understand my thought from afar” (Psalm 139:2 – NASB)
The omniscient Creator, He is aware and He knows all things about all people! If I were to entertain evil in my mind and allow myself to think upon it and in the process keep what I’m thinking secret from all those around me . . . I could in no way keep Him from knowing “my thought.”
I have become so very aware of these mind-boggling truths that I tremble at times. Yes, I tremble . . . knowing that He “hast searched me and known me,” that He “knows when I sit down and when I rise up,” that He “understands my thought afar off.” Intimacy is one thing, but this, this goes way beyond intimacy.
- “Thou dost scrutinize my path and my lying down” (Psalm 139:3 – NASB)
What is your response to all of this knowledge about our God? This is earth-shattering knowledge! This is the kind of stuff that should cause us to sing out, “How Great Thou Art!”
I’ve probably written on this in time past but as I opened up the Scriptures I came to this particular psalm . . . and I wanted to write about it again!
Now . . . think on this!
Have a good day . . . and take some time along the way and ponder just how intimately the Lord knows you . . . and then marvel at His mercy and grace and love.
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR