From the psalms we read,
- “O LORD, Thou hast searched me and known me” (Psalm 139:1 – NASB)
Oh my, what a powerful truth to ponder! Can it be true, this biblical teaching, that God “searches” us, and that He “knows” us . . . everything about us?
Dr. Henry Morris writes,
- “Perhaps the most frightening attribute of God is that He knows everything about us. Everything!”
The Scripture says that He has “searched” (lit. “penetrated”) us and “known” (“understood”) us. That’s right! The conclusion regarding this is, that nothing about us escapes His “conscious knowledge.”
- “Thou dost know when I sit down and when I rise up” (Psalm 139:2 – NASB)
How far can this knowledge of us go, how detailed is it? Well, He “dost know when I sit down and when I rise up.” That brethren is more personal than any earthly relationship I have or, have ever had, or ever will have.
- “Thou dost understand my thought from afar” (Psalm 139:2 – NASB)
The omniscient Creator, He is aware and He knows all things about all people! If I were to entertain evil in my mind and allow myself to think upon it and in the process keep what I’m thinking secret from all those around me . . . I could in no way keep Him from knowing “my thought.”
I have become so very aware of these mind-boggling truths that I tremble at times. Yes, I tremble . . . knowing that He “hast searched me and known me,” that He “knows when I sit down and when I rise up,” that He “understands my thought afar off.” Intimacy is one thing, but this, this goes way beyond intimacy.
- “Thou dost scrutinize my path and my lying down” (Psalm 139:3 – NASB)
What is your response to all of this knowledge about our God? This is earth-shattering knowledge! This is the kind of stuff that should cause us to sing out, “How Great Thou Art!”
I’ve probably written on this in time past but as I opened up the Scriptures I came to this particular psalm . . . and I wanted to write about it again!
Now . . . think on this!
Have a good day . . . and take some time along the way and ponder just how intimately the Lord knows you . . . and then marvel at His mercy and grace and love.
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge