As the new season nears, the fall season, we see so much change in creation. The leaves begin to fall, the amount of sunlight we experience lessens, the temperatures begin to grow colder. As I think of all the changes taking place and, in my case, mourn the passing of summer . . . . I am reminded that Christ, our Lord and Savior, He never changes,
- “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and today, yes and forever” (Hebrews 13:8 – NASB)
The Son! Jesus the Christ! He never changes! He has been and is and will be forever!
When the author of the book of Hebrews wrote to those believers who were drifting away from Christ to the bondage of the faith they had once embraced, he wrote of the supremacy of Jesus over all the things they might be swayed to believe in,
- “God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son . . .” (Hebrews 1:1-2 – NASB)
“God” is not speaking through Moses or Elijah or angels! No, He “has spoken to us in His Son.” He is the One that reveals the Father (John 1:18).
And this “Son,” He is highly exalted, greater than Moses, and . . . . . .
- “. . . . much better than the angels” (Hebrews 1:4 – NASB)
Of Him, and only Him, it is said,
- ” ‘Thou art My Son . . . And let all the angels of God worship Him . . . Thy throne, O God, is forever and forever, and the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom. Thou has loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; therefore God, Thy God, hath anointed Thee with the oil of gladness above Thy companions.’ ” (Hebrews 1:5-9 – NASB)
Yes, Jesus, highly exalted by God the Father. The Son! He “is forever and forever!” Why would you turn to “angels” when they are called to “worship Him.” Note that, in contrast to mankind, He “has loved righteousness and hated lawlessness” (contrast with Romans 1:28-32). “God” the Father has “anointed . . . God” the Son “above” all others, whether man or angels.
- ” ‘Thou, LORD, in the beginning didst lay the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the works of Thy hands’ ” (Hebrews 1:10 – NASB)
The Son, He is the Creator (cf. John 1:1-3)! He “didst lay the foundation of the earth” and of “the heavens,” they are “the works of (His) hands.
And note His eternal being . . . .
- ” ‘They will perish, but Thou remainest; and they all will become old as a garment, and as a mantle Thou wilt roll them up; as a garment they will also be changed.’ ” (Hebrews 1:11-12 – NASB)
Note well, the creation will grow “old as a garment” does. The Son, He “will roll them up” as one does “a garment.” All things “will . . . . . be changed.” But not the Son . . . .
- ” ‘But Thou art the same, and Thy years will not come to an end.’ ” (Hebrews 1:12 – NASB)
The Son! He is “the same,” His “years will not come to an end!” He is “the same yesterday and today, yes and forever.”
Take comfort in these words of God that He who is our Redeemer, our Lord, our great High Priest, He who is “LORD” ( Yaweh), He who is the Creator . . . . . He will never change, He will never cease to be . . . . the Son . . . He is the great I AM!
Have a good day brethren . . . . and as you walk bask in the truth of the Son, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas