[Downloadable PDF of the Salvation Bell below]
The New Year has come and, for many, the memory of Christmas has already faded away. With each new day comes a fresh new hope for a year of joy and peace.
A Word of Caution
Don’t rush too quickly into the new year. Don’t let the “glow” of Christmas fade so fast. Remember what we just celebrated — the beginning of God’s plan to bring redemption to man. Take time, each day, to set your focus on the One who was born on that first Christmas day. Direct your thoughts to be on HIm. Spend time in prayer and read God’s Word.
Ring-in the new year with a “bell” that proclaims who you are in Christ (downloadable PDF below). Ring it every day and let it be the foundation upon which you stand, the food that renews your mind, and the fuel that ignites your heart.
The Bell of Salvation
For many years, a popular Internet forward has been a “bell” that tells of identity in Christ. It is often circulated at Christmas, but it “rings” with a message that goes far beyond the incarnation of Jesus. It “rings” of the work Jesus did to redeem you and me because it tells of the benefits we received when He saved us.
- This “bell” should be rung to remind us of the precious gifts that are ours.
- This “bell” should be rung in our hearts as the joyful sound of our salvation, and
- This bell should be rung as a reminder that all we have is from Jesus and all we are is found in Him.
With that in mind, I have renamed this “The Salvation Bell.” It “rings” with the “sounds” of love, joy, mercy, grace, and peace, all given to us by Jesus. It “rings” with hope, and it is a reminder of the strength we have in Jesus. It “rings” with encouragement to face each and every day.
Read my poem, “Ring the Bell of Identity in Jesus,” and then print the “bell.” Tuck the “bell” in your Bible. “Ring” it (read it) every day. It “tolls” of the riches we have in Jesus. Awake, every day, remembering who you are in Christ and letting the “chimes of this bell” sound in your hearts!
Ring the Bell of Identity in Christ
by Shari Abbott
When dark clouds creep in
When life hits a low
Remember that Jesus
Has hope to bestow.
He’s given us life
Joy, peace, comfort, and rest.
He’s given much more
In Him, we are blessed.
In freedom, we live,
At one with our Lord.
We’ve answered His call.
The greatest blessing of all.
We now know Him well.
His grace He’s revealed.
We know that in Him
We dwell and we’re sealed.
No longer we seek
Our identity on earth.
We are His, He is ours
In our glorious rebirth.
Let us alway remember
What Jesus has done.
The riches He’s given
With Him, we are one.
May joy ring this bell
His love we proclaim.
May peace ring this bell
And hope do the same.
May we ring this bell
To extol His great Name.
And tell all the world
Of the joy that we claim.
With identity in Jesus
We ring this bell loud.
To make a joyful noise
To our Saviour, our God.
[If you are using a phone, turn to landscape to see the bell.]
The Salvation Bell
Jesus Saved Me
I KNOW WHO I AM
I am God’s child (John 1:12)
I am Christ’s friend (John 15:15 )
I am united with the Lord (1 Cor 6:17)
I am bought with a price (1 Cor 6:19-20)
I am a saint and set apart for God (Eph 1:1)
I am a personal witness for Christ (Acts 1:8)
I am the salt and light of the earth (Matt 5:13-14)
I am a member of the body of Christ (1 Cor 12:27)
I am free forever from condemnation ( Rom 8: 1-2)
I am a citizen of Heaven and eagerly wait (Phil 3:20)
I am free from any charge against me (Rom 8:31 -34)
I am a minister of reconciliation for God (2 Cor 5:17-21)
I have access to God through the Holy Spirit (Eph 2:18)
I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realms (Eph 2:6)
I cannot be separated from the love of God (Rom 8:35-39)
I am established, anointed, sealed by God (2 Cor 1:21-22 )
I am assured all things work together for good (Rom 8:28 )
I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit (John 15:16 )
I may approach God with freedom and confidence (Eph 3: 12 )
I am the branch of the true vine, a channel of His life (John 15: 1-5)
I am God’s temple (1 Cor 3:16) and I am complete in Christ (Col. 2: 10)
I am hidden with Christ in God (Col 3:3) I have been justified (Romans 5:1)
I am God’s co-worker (1 Cor 3:9; 2 Cor 6:1) I am God’s workmanship (Eph 2:10)
I am confident that the good works God has begun in me will be perfected (Phil 1: 5)
I have been forgiven and redeemed (Col 1:14) and adopted as God’s child (Eph 1:5)
Jesus is my Lord
I am His and
He is mine
Click the Image to Download a Printable Bell
Read About Your Purpose in Life and God's Will for Your Life :
What Is My Purpose In Life?
101 Truths About Our Identity in Christ
What does it mean to be a child of God?
Are We All God’s Children?
Who Am I? Am I Really Made in the Image of God?
The Chief Purpose of Man
Are We Dichotomy or Trichotomy Beings?
Are we a soul? Or do we have a soul?
Saved by the Bell -- Who I Am In Christ
What is God's Will for You?
What is Your Purpose in Life? CS Lewis
The Chief Purpose of Man
Who Am I? video
Who Am I? — by Casting Crowns video
Ways to Glorify God - Bookmark
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2021
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Do ANGELS TAKE US TO HEAVEN When We Die?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas