[Downloadable PDF of the Salvation Bell below]
The New Year has come and, for many, the memory of Christmas has already faded away. With each new day comes a fresh new hope for a year of joy and peace.
A Word of Caution
Don’t rush too quickly into the new year. Don’t let the “glow” of Christmas fade so fast. Remember what we just celebrated — the beginning of God’s plan to bring redemption to man. Take time, each day, to set your focus on the One who was born on that first Christmas day. Direct your thoughts to be on HIm. Spend time in prayer and read God’s Word.
Ring-in the new year with a “bell” that proclaims who you are in Christ (downloadable PDF below). Ring it every day and let it be the foundation upon which you stand, the food that renews your mind, and the fuel that ignites your heart.
The Bell of Salvation
For many years, a popular Internet forward has been a “bell” that tells of identity in Christ. It is often circulated at Christmas, but it “rings” with a message that goes far beyond the incarnation of Jesus. It “rings” of the work Jesus did to redeem you and me because it tells of the benefits we received when He saved us.
- This “bell” should be rung to remind us of the precious gifts that are ours.
- This “bell” should be rung in our hearts as the joyful sound of our salvation, and
- This bell should be rung as a reminder that all we have is from Jesus and all we are is found in Him.
With that in mind, I have renamed this “The Salvation Bell.” It “rings” with the “sounds” of love, joy, mercy, grace, and peace, all given to us by Jesus. It “rings” with hope, and it is a reminder of the strength we have in Jesus. It “rings” with encouragement to face each and every day.
Read my poem, “Ring the Bell of Identity in Jesus,” and then print the “bell.” Tuck the “bell” in your Bible. “Ring” it (read it) every day. It “tolls” of the riches we have in Jesus. Awake, every day, remembering who you are in Christ and letting the “chimes of this bell” sound in your hearts!
Ring the Bell of Identity in Christ
by Shari Abbott
When dark clouds creep in
When life hits a low
Remember that Jesus
Has hope to bestow.
He’s given us life
Joy, peace, comfort, and rest.
He’s given much more
In Him, we are blessed.
In freedom, we live,
At one with our Lord.
We’ve answered His call.
The greatest blessing of all.
We now know Him well.
His grace He’s revealed.
We know that in Him
We dwell and we’re sealed.
No longer we seek
Our identity on earth.
We are His, He is ours
In our glorious rebirth.
Let us alway remember
What Jesus has done.
The riches He’s given
With Him, we are one.
May joy ring this bell
His love we proclaim.
May peace ring this bell
And hope do the same.
May we ring this bell
To extol His great Name.
And tell all the world
Of the joy that we claim.
With identity in Jesus
We ring this bell loud.
To make a joyful noise
To our Saviour, our God.
[If you are using a phone, turn to landscape to see the bell.]
The Salvation Bell
Jesus Saved Me
I KNOW WHO I AM
I am God’s child (John 1:12)
I am Christ’s friend (John 15:15 )
I am united with the Lord (1 Cor 6:17)
I am bought with a price (1 Cor 6:19-20)
I am a saint and set apart for God (Eph 1:1)
I am a personal witness for Christ (Acts 1:8)
I am the salt and light of the earth (Matt 5:13-14)
I am a member of the body of Christ (1 Cor 12:27)
I am free forever from condemnation ( Rom 8: 1-2)
I am a citizen of Heaven and eagerly wait (Phil 3:20)
I am free from any charge against me (Rom 8:31 -34)
I am a minister of reconciliation for God (2 Cor 5:17-21)
I have access to God through the Holy Spirit (Eph 2:18)
I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realms (Eph 2:6)
I cannot be separated from the love of God (Rom 8:35-39)
I am established, anointed, sealed by God (2 Cor 1:21-22 )
I am assured all things work together for good (Rom 8:28 )
I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit (John 15:16 )
I may approach God with freedom and confidence (Eph 3: 12 )
I am the branch of the true vine, a channel of His life (John 15: 1-5)
I am God’s temple (1 Cor 3:16) and I am complete in Christ (Col. 2: 10)
I am hidden with Christ in God (Col 3:3) I have been justified (Romans 5:1)
I am God’s co-worker (1 Cor 3:9; 2 Cor 6:1) I am God’s workmanship (Eph 2:10)
I am confident that the good works God has begun in me will be perfected (Phil 1: 5)
I have been forgiven and redeemed (Col 1:14) and adopted as God’s child (Eph 1:5)
Jesus is my Lord
I am His and
He is mine
Click the Image to Download a Printable Bell
The Top Ten from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?