When sinners believe that Jesus died for their sins and they put their trust in Him, He is faithful to save them. And when He saves a repentant sinner, the Holy Spirit puts that person into the body of Christ. What does that mean? It means one is a new creation and has a new identity.
Those are two of the most beautiful words ever spoken, for once someone is in Christ, the person’s eternal glory is forever secure. But until we go to be with Christ, knowing who we are in Christ builds confidence and increases hope for our days on this earth.
Throughout the New Testament, we are given reminders of what God has done for us and the precious promises of what it means to belong to Jesus, to have our identity securely anchored in Him.
Read the 101 Truths of Who You Are in Christ
1. I am washed, sanctified, and justified by the blood of Jesus (1 Cor 6:11)
2. I am regenerated and renewed by the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:5)
3. I am forgiven of from the penalty of my sins (2 Cor 5:19)
4. I am born again into a living hope (1 Peter 1:3)
5. I am united with Christ through His death and resurrection (Rom 6:5)
6. I am a child of God (John 1:12)
7. I am in Christ Jesus (Eph 1:1)
8. I am a saint (1 Cor 1:2)
9. I am one with God the Father and Jesus the Son (John 17:25)
10. I am alive to God in Christ Jesus (Rom 6:11)
11. I am an heir of God, a joint heir with Christ (Rom 8:17)
12. I am set free by the truth (John 8:31-33)
13. I am eternally secure in Christ (John 10:27-31)
14. I am now reconciled to God (Col 1:21)
15. I am freed from the power of sin (1 Pet 2:24)
16. I am baptized into Christ and have clothed myself with Christ (Gal 3:27)
17. I am part of the holy brethren, partaker of a heavenly calling (Heb 3:1)
18. I am a new creation in Christ (2 Cor 5:17)
19. I am in-dwelt by the Holy Spirit (Rom 8:9)
20. I am free from condemnation (Rom 8:1)
21. I am a fellow citizen with the saints in the household of God (Eph 2:19)
22. I am God’s temple (1 Cor 3:16-17)
23. I am a servant of God (Rom 6:22)
24. I am an ambassador for Christ (2 Cor 5:20)
25. I am justified by faith [ and have peace with God] (Rom 5:1)
26. I am more than a conqueror through Christ (Rom 8:37)
27. I am made alive with Christ (Eph 2:1)
28. I am raised with Christ and seated in the heavenly realms (Eph 2:6)
29. I am a new person because my old self was crucified with Christ (Rom 6:6)
30. I am reigning in life through Jesus Christ (Rom 5:17)
31. I am the image and glory of God (1 Cor 11:7)
32. I am triumphant in Christ (2 Cor 2:14)
33. I am the fragrance of the knowledge of God (2 Cor 2:14)
34. I am the salt of the earth (Matt 5:13)
35. I am the light of the world (Matt 5:14)
36. I am a disciple because I have love for others (John 13:34-35)
37. I am protected by the power of His name (John 17:11)
38. I am kept from the evil one (John 17:15)
39. I am God’s gift to Christ (John 17:24)
40. I am not under the law, but under grace (Rom 6:14)
41. I am freed from the power of sin (Rom 6:18)
42. I am yielded to God (Rom 6:13)
43. I am now a servant of righteousness (Rom 6:18)
44. I am confident that all things work together for good (Rom 8:28)
45. I am conformed to the image of Christ (Rom 8:29)
46. I am predestined according to His purpose (Eph 1:11)
47. I am sufficient because my sufficiency is of God (2 Cor 3:5)
48. I am inseparable from the love of God (Rom 8:35)
49. I am strongest when I am weakest (2 Cor 12:10)
50. I am blessed with every spiritual blessing (Eph 1:3)
51. I am chosen by God to be holy and blameless (Eph 1:4)
52. I am predestined to adoption through Jesus (Eph 1:5)
53. I am accepted in the beloved (Eph 1:6)
54. I am forgiven of all my sins (Eph 1:7)
55. I am filled with the Holy Spirit of promise (Eph 1:13)
56. I am free from the vicious cycle of sin and death (Rom 8:2)
57. I am God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works (Eph 2:10)
58. I am now made near to God by the blood of Christ (Eph 2:13)
59.I am strengthened with might in the inner man by His Spirit (Eph 3:16)
60. I am strong in the Lord and power of His might (Eph 6:10)
61. I am receiving exceedingly abundantly above all I ask or think (Eph 3:20)
62. I am able to walk as a child of light (Eph 5:8)
63. I am light in the Lord (Eph 5:8)
64. I am led by the Spirit of God (Rom 8:14)
65. I am built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Jesus Christ being the chief cornerstone (Eph 2:20)
66. I am able to walk boldly into Christ’s presence (Eph 3:12)
67. I have redemption through His blood (Eph 1:7)
68. I have peace with God through Jesus. (Rom 5:1)
69. I have the love of God that has been poured out in my heart (Rom 5:5)
70. I have been reconciled to God through Christ (Rom 5:10)
71. I am being saved by the life of Jesus (Rom 5:10b)
72. I have been baptized into Christ’s death (Rom 6:3)
73. I have been raised to walk in newness of life (Rom 6:4)
74. I have eternal life in Christ Jesus (Rom 6:23)
75. I have access into the sphere of God’s grace (Rom 5:2)
76. I have the help of the Holy Spirit in my infirmities (Rom 8:26)
77. I have the intercession of the Holy Spirit for me (Rom 8:26)
78. I have always been known by God (Rom 8:29)
79. I have been given all things (Rom 8:32)
80. I have been bought with a price (1 Cor 6:20)
81. I have wisdom as I try to know His will (Eph 1:8)
82. I have the revelation of the mystery of God’s will (Eph 1:9)
83. I have obtained an inheritance (Eph 1:11)
84. I have the spirit of wisdom and revelation in His knowledge (Eph 1:17)
85. I have eyes that have been enlightened (Eph 1:18)
86. I have been saved by grace through faith (Eph 2:8)
87, I have access through Jesus to the Father (Eph 2:18)
88. I have put off the old man (Eph 4:22)
89. I have been renewed in the spirit of my mind (Eph 4:23)
90. I have put on the new man which was created according to God in righteousness and true holiness (Eph 4:24)
91. I have the whole armor of God and stand (Eph 6:13)
92. I have passed from death to life (John 5:24)
93. I have been delivered from the domain of darkness and transferred to the kingdom of His beloved Son (Col 1:13-14)
94. I have been made complete (Col 2:10)
95. I have fellowship with Jesus Christ (1 Cor 1:9)
96. I have the great love of God bestowed on me, His child (1 John 3:1)
97. I know the hope of my calling (Eph 1:18)
98. I know the exceeding greatness of His power to me (Eph 1:19)
99. I know the riches of His inheritance in the saints (Eph 1:18)
100. I know I will be presented by Christ to God, holy and blameless and above reproach (Col 1:22)
I know I will be freed from the presence of sin when I am glorified (Rom 8:17-18)
for “to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” (Philippians 1:21)
Read About Your Purpose in Life and God's Will for Your Life :
What Is My Purpose In Life?
101 Truths About Our Identity in Christ
What does it mean to be a child of God?
Are We All God’s Children?
Who Am I? Am I Really Made in the Image of God?
The Chief Purpose of Man
Are We Dichotomy or Trichotomy Beings?
Are we a soul? Or do we have a soul?
Saved by the Bell -- Who I Am In Christ
What is God's Will for You?
What is Your Purpose in Life? CS Lewis
The Chief Purpose of Man
Who Am I? video
Who Am I? — by Casting Crowns video
Ways to Glorify God - Bookmark
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2022
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- ONLY ONE LIFE, Twill Soon Be Past – by C.T. Studd (1860 – 1931)
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
This is not a Got Questions? article. But it's so popular it ranked among the top pages viewed:
More Popular Got Questions
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Jesus' Last Days TIMELINE: The Cross and The Crucifixion
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- Jesus in the Gospels: What are the Four Different Presentations of Jesus?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- Why Did God Create Man Knowing MAN WOULD SIN?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Can Jews go to Heaven without knowing Jesus?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Not by Might, Not by Power, But BY MY SPIRIT says the Lord (Zechariah 4:6)
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED