- “In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses” (Ephesians 1:7 – NASB)
When we check ourselves out against the backdrop of God’s holy Word we know that we are sinners (Romans 3:23), and we know that our sin separates us from God (Isaiah 59:2; Ephesians 2:12), and we know that the wages of our sin is death (Romans 6:23). These are the facts, for God has stated such. And further, we know that without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of our sin (Hebrews 9:22). These truths are very real and they serve to indict each one of us before a holy God, an offended Creator who has seen His creation rebel against Him and turn to their own way (Isaiah 53:6).
When we look into this matter we who are in Christ fully realize what has truly transpired at the cross. We realize that “we have redemption” from “our trespasses” by His work, “through His blood.” The “forgiveness” that can only be attained by the shedding of blood has taken place at Calvary . . . Oh blessed work, Oh blessed Savior, our Lord and our God . . . glory be to Your name . . . for we have been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb! The old hymn, how we should love to sing it . . . . . .
- “Redeemed, how I love to proclaim it! Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
- Redeemed thro His infinite mercy, His child, and forever I am.
- Redeemed, and so happy in Jesus, No language my rapture can tell;
- I know that the light of His presence with me doth continually dwell.
- I think of my blessed Redeemer, I think of Him all the day long;
- I sing, for I cannot be silent, His love is the theme of my song.
- (refrain) Re-deemed, re-deemed, re-deemed by the blood of the Lamb;
- Re-deemed, re-deemed, His child and forever I am.”
As I write this old hymn it rings in my brain and I sing it in my spirit. Do you know it brethren? Do you know this old joyous hymn that proclaims the great truth of what Christ has done for us? If so call it to mind and dwell upon its words and remember that once we were without God in this world, lost in our sin, but God has acted on our behalf in Christ (Romans 5:8), and we are “redeemed by the blood of the Lamb.” What a joyous meditation for the day!
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk know that it is a good thing to be reminded of where we were and where God, in Christ, has brought us.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas