- “In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses” (Ephesians 1:7 – NASB)
When we check ourselves out against the backdrop of God’s holy Word we know that we are sinners (Romans 3:23), and we know that our sin separates us from God (Isaiah 59:2; Ephesians 2:12), and we know that the wages of our sin is death (Romans 6:23). These are the facts, for God has stated such. And further, we know that without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of our sin (Hebrews 9:22). These truths are very real and they serve to indict each one of us before a holy God, an offended Creator who has seen His creation rebel against Him and turn to their own way (Isaiah 53:6).
When we look into this matter we who are in Christ fully realize what has truly transpired at the cross. We realize that “we have redemption” from “our trespasses” by His work, “through His blood.” The “forgiveness” that can only be attained by the shedding of blood has taken place at Calvary . . . Oh blessed work, Oh blessed Savior, our Lord and our God . . . glory be to Your name . . . for we have been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb! The old hymn, how we should love to sing it . . . . . .
- “Redeemed, how I love to proclaim it! Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
- Redeemed thro His infinite mercy, His child, and forever I am.
- Redeemed, and so happy in Jesus, No language my rapture can tell;
- I know that the light of His presence with me doth continually dwell.
- I think of my blessed Redeemer, I think of Him all the day long;
- I sing, for I cannot be silent, His love is the theme of my song.
- (refrain) Re-deemed, re-deemed, re-deemed by the blood of the Lamb;
- Re-deemed, re-deemed, His child and forever I am.”
As I write this old hymn it rings in my brain and I sing it in my spirit. Do you know it brethren? Do you know this old joyous hymn that proclaims the great truth of what Christ has done for us? If so call it to mind and dwell upon its words and remember that once we were without God in this world, lost in our sin, but God has acted on our behalf in Christ (Romans 5:8), and we are “redeemed by the blood of the Lamb.” What a joyous meditation for the day!
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk know that it is a good thing to be reminded of where we were and where God, in Christ, has brought us.
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR