As we look into the Psalms may our request this day be, “Lord, do this, would You please,”
- “Teach me, O LORD, the way of Your statutes”
- “Give me understanding, and I shall keep Your law”
- “Make me walk in the path of Your commandments” (Psalm 119:33-35 – NKJV)
I have these three requests highlighted in my Bible. I want them to be my requests. I want them to be that which comes from my heart. For they serve as that which the Holy Spirit uses to make me more like Christ. And brethren, there is no doubt about what God’s will is for our lives; He wants us to be conformed to the image of His Son (Romans 8:28-29).
So I say to the Lord,
- “Teach Me . . . Give me . . . Make me”
There is a right “way” to God and there is a wrong “way.” Just as that is true so it is that there is a right “way” to walk in life and there is a wrong “way.” There is a “way” that pleases God and there is a “way” that does not please Him. Jesus told us very clearly, “I am the way” (John 14:6). He is the pattern, the example, the model if you will, the path, and the Father has said very clearly to us,
- “This is My beloved Son. Hear Him!” (Luke 9:35 – NKJV)
That divine instruction causes me to call out to the Lord,
- “Teach me, O LORD, the way of Your statutes . . . Give me understanding, and I shall keep Your law . . . Make me to walk in the path of Your commandments.”
We are conformed to Christ’s image as we are taught by Him. We are conformed to His image as we grasp more and more what He teaches us from His Word. We are conformed to His image as we yield to the Spirit’s leading, ordering our behavior in accordance with His example.
Our prayer should always be, on a daily basis,
- “Lord, do this, would You please. Teach me . . . Give me understanding . . . Make me to walk according to Your Word that I might fulfill Your will in this life You have given me . . . that I might be more and more like You, to the glory of the Father.”
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk underline in your memory bank the words of Scripture that the Spirit uses to urge us on to be more and more like Christ.
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge