From the book of Isaiah we read,
- “I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins.” (Isaiah 43:25 – NASB)
As I noted yesterday, there is a great deal of uneasiness in the world today. That is why people are looking to Transcendental Meditation and other empty practices to try and deal with their unsettled lives. There is a great deal of running to and fro, dealing with the hectic. Lives are lived on the edge, an edge that seems so very close to a huge, dark cavern, a cavern that threatens to swallow us up if we aren’t vigilant to keep up with life’s frantic pace. Lives are short on hope and high on anxiety, lacking purpose and understanding. And all of this is the result of people lacking a right relationship with their Creator.
Sin, brethren, is a destructive force, and when we live estranged from our Creator, separated from Him by our sin, a life can only exist in a troubled and unsettled state. For within each one of us is an awareness of an end, an end to our very existence . . . . and awareness of death, sin’s fatal sting. Dealing with the hectic outside of a right relationship with our Creator, not knowing that one’s sin is covered by the blood of Christ, it is a recipe for a disastrous life.
I say all of this as a way of a reminder to us that, by God’s grace, you and I are not such a people as described above. Through Christ we have been reconciled to God, made to be children of God, adopted into the family of God. And such, we have the gospel message that, if properly used and applied, lifts us above this world and its destructive course.
I am currently reading a great book titled, Respectable Sins, authored by Jerry Bridges. In his book he has a chapter titled, The Remedy For Sin. What an absolutely great chapter! I highly recommend this book to every believer. If I could, I would make it mandatory reading.
One quote in this book especially caught my eye, for every day I sin, and I have to deal with my sin and deal with sin’s reminder of my need for deliverance from the penalty due my sin. Mr. Bridges says that “some years ago” he “heard a man use the expression, ‘Preach the gospel to yourself every day.'” Why? The good news of God’s gospel message is the key to living the Christian life, for the gospel message is for sinners.
How do we do this? Mr. Bridges shares his way of doing this and basically, it is not a difficult thing for us to do. In fact, we should probably know how to do it ourselves if we have listened to the counsel of God’s Word. We take in each day, the assurances and promises of God’s Word. We use Scripture to allow God to preach the gospel to us . . . . .
- “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus” (Romans 8:1 – NASB)
- “All of us like sheep have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; But the LORD has caused the iniquity of us all to fall on Him” (Isaiah 53:6 – NASB)
- “Blessed are those whose lawless deeds have been forgiven, and whose sins have been covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will not take into account” (Romans 4:7-8 – NASB)
- “In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses” (Ephesians 1:7 – NASB0
Scriptural promises, assurances that are a remedy for sinners dealing with the hectic. Applied Scripture to the mind that relieves stress and anxiety. And, there are so many more of these in God’s Word. We are sinners, and we still sin, and because sin is a destructive force, we need to preach the gospel to ourselves daily.
Have a good day brethren . . . And be diligent to allow God to stabilize your walk through the counsel of His gospel message.
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR