From the book of Isaiah we read,
- “I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins.” (Isaiah 43:25 – NASB)
As I noted yesterday, there is a great deal of uneasiness in the world today. That is why people are looking to Transcendental Meditation and other empty practices to try and deal with their unsettled lives. There is a great deal of running to and fro, dealing with the hectic. Lives are lived on the edge, an edge that seems so very close to a huge, dark cavern, a cavern that threatens to swallow us up if we aren’t vigilant to keep up with life’s frantic pace. Lives are short on hope and high on anxiety, lacking purpose and understanding. And all of this is the result of people lacking a right relationship with their Creator.
Sin, brethren, is a destructive force, and when we live estranged from our Creator, separated from Him by our sin, a life can only exist in a troubled and unsettled state. For within each one of us is an awareness of an end, an end to our very existence . . . . and awareness of death, sin’s fatal sting. Dealing with the hectic outside of a right relationship with our Creator, not knowing that one’s sin is covered by the blood of Christ, it is a recipe for a disastrous life.
I say all of this as a way of a reminder to us that, by God’s grace, you and I are not such a people as described above. Through Christ we have been reconciled to God, made to be children of God, adopted into the family of God. And such, we have the gospel message that, if properly used and applied, lifts us above this world and its destructive course.
I am currently reading a great book titled, Respectable Sins, authored by Jerry Bridges. In his book he has a chapter titled, The Remedy For Sin. What an absolutely great chapter! I highly recommend this book to every believer. If I could, I would make it mandatory reading.
One quote in this book especially caught my eye, for every day I sin, and I have to deal with my sin and deal with sin’s reminder of my need for deliverance from the penalty due my sin. Mr. Bridges says that “some years ago” he “heard a man use the expression, ‘Preach the gospel to yourself every day.'” Why? The good news of God’s gospel message is the key to living the Christian life, for the gospel message is for sinners.
How do we do this? Mr. Bridges shares his way of doing this and basically, it is not a difficult thing for us to do. In fact, we should probably know how to do it ourselves if we have listened to the counsel of God’s Word. We take in each day, the assurances and promises of God’s Word. We use Scripture to allow God to preach the gospel to us . . . . .
- “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus” (Romans 8:1 – NASB)
- “All of us like sheep have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; But the LORD has caused the iniquity of us all to fall on Him” (Isaiah 53:6 – NASB)
- “Blessed are those whose lawless deeds have been forgiven, and whose sins have been covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will not take into account” (Romans 4:7-8 – NASB)
- “In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses” (Ephesians 1:7 – NASB0
Scriptural promises, assurances that are a remedy for sinners dealing with the hectic. Applied Scripture to the mind that relieves stress and anxiety. And, there are so many more of these in God’s Word. We are sinners, and we still sin, and because sin is a destructive force, we need to preach the gospel to ourselves daily.
Have a good day brethren . . . And be diligent to allow God to stabilize your walk through the counsel of His gospel message.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas