From the book of Isaiah we read,
- “I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins.” (Isaiah 43:25 – NASB)
As I noted yesterday, there is a great deal of uneasiness in the world today. That is why people are looking to Transcendental Meditation and other empty practices to try and deal with their unsettled lives. There is a great deal of running to and fro, dealing with the hectic. Lives are lived on the edge, an edge that seems so very close to a huge, dark cavern, a cavern that threatens to swallow us up if we aren’t vigilant to keep up with life’s frantic pace. Lives are short on hope and high on anxiety, lacking purpose and understanding. And all of this is the result of people lacking a right relationship with their Creator.
Sin, brethren, is a destructive force, and when we live estranged from our Creator, separated from Him by our sin, a life can only exist in a troubled and unsettled state. For within each one of us is an awareness of an end, an end to our very existence . . . . and awareness of death, sin’s fatal sting. Dealing with the hectic outside of a right relationship with our Creator, not knowing that one’s sin is covered by the blood of Christ, it is a recipe for a disastrous life.
I say all of this as a way of a reminder to us that, by God’s grace, you and I are not such a people as described above. Through Christ we have been reconciled to God, made to be children of God, adopted into the family of God. And such, we have the gospel message that, if properly used and applied, lifts us above this world and its destructive course.
I am currently reading a great book titled, Respectable Sins, authored by Jerry Bridges. In his book he has a chapter titled, The Remedy For Sin. What an absolutely great chapter! I highly recommend this book to every believer. If I could, I would make it mandatory reading.
One quote in this book especially caught my eye, for every day I sin, and I have to deal with my sin and deal with sin’s reminder of my need for deliverance from the penalty due my sin. Mr. Bridges says that “some years ago” he “heard a man use the expression, ‘Preach the gospel to yourself every day.'” Why? The good news of God’s gospel message is the key to living the Christian life, for the gospel message is for sinners.
How do we do this? Mr. Bridges shares his way of doing this and basically, it is not a difficult thing for us to do. In fact, we should probably know how to do it ourselves if we have listened to the counsel of God’s Word. We take in each day, the assurances and promises of God’s Word. We use Scripture to allow God to preach the gospel to us . . . . .
- “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus” (Romans 8:1 – NASB)
- “All of us like sheep have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; But the LORD has caused the iniquity of us all to fall on Him” (Isaiah 53:6 – NASB)
- “Blessed are those whose lawless deeds have been forgiven, and whose sins have been covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will not take into account” (Romans 4:7-8 – NASB)
- “In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses” (Ephesians 1:7 – NASB0
Scriptural promises, assurances that are a remedy for sinners dealing with the hectic. Applied Scripture to the mind that relieves stress and anxiety. And, there are so many more of these in God’s Word. We are sinners, and we still sin, and because sin is a destructive force, we need to preach the gospel to ourselves daily.
Have a good day brethren . . . And be diligent to allow God to stabilize your walk through the counsel of His gospel message.
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge