- “. . . by this we know that we know Him” How? “. . . if we keep His commandments” (I John 2:3 – NKJV)
- “By this we know that we are in Him” How? “. . . whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in Him” (I John 2:5-6 – NKJV)
- “. . . by which we know that it is the last hour” How? “many antichrists have come” (I John 2:18) – False teachers, “antichrists,” those who deny Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, who deny His deity, had come into the church and John wrote so that they could be purged from the assemblies (note 2:19; 4:4-6)
- “. . . by this we know that we are of the truth” How? That we “love in deed and in truth” (I John 3:18 – NKJV)
- “. . . by this we know that He abides in us” How? “. . . he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him . . . by the Spirit whom He has given us” (I John 3:24 – NKJV)
- “By this we know the Spirit of God” How? “Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God” (I John 4:2-3 – NKJV) – Gnosticism denies that Christ, very God, has come in the flesh. The modern day version of Gnosticism, the New Age Movement, continues to propagate this lie in the language of our time.
- “By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error” How? John says of himself and other believers, “We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us” (I John 4:6 – NKJV)
- “By this we know that we abide in Him” How? “If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us . . . He has given us of His Spirit” (I John 4:12-13 – NKJV)
- “By this we know that we love the children of God” How? “. . . when we love God and keep His commandments” (I John 5:2 – NKJV)
- “These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, in order that you may know that you have eternal life” (I John 5:13 – NASB)
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas