- “. . . by this we know that we know Him” How? “. . . if we keep His commandments” (I John 2:3 – NKJV)
- “By this we know that we are in Him” How? “. . . whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in Him” (I John 2:5-6 – NKJV)
- “. . . by which we know that it is the last hour” How? “many antichrists have come” (I John 2:18) – False teachers, “antichrists,” those who deny Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, who deny His deity, had come into the church and John wrote so that they could be purged from the assemblies (note 2:19; 4:4-6)
- “. . . by this we know that we are of the truth” How? That we “love in deed and in truth” (I John 3:18 – NKJV)
- “. . . by this we know that He abides in us” How? “. . . he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him . . . by the Spirit whom He has given us” (I John 3:24 – NKJV)
- “By this we know the Spirit of God” How? “Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God” (I John 4:2-3 – NKJV) – Gnosticism denies that Christ, very God, has come in the flesh. The modern day version of Gnosticism, the New Age Movement, continues to propagate this lie in the language of our time.
- “By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error” How? John says of himself and other believers, “We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us” (I John 4:6 – NKJV)
- “By this we know that we abide in Him” How? “If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us . . . He has given us of His Spirit” (I John 4:12-13 – NKJV)
- “By this we know that we love the children of God” How? “. . . when we love God and keep His commandments” (I John 5:2 – NKJV)
- “These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, in order that you may know that you have eternal life” (I John 5:13 – NASB)
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR