For many years, a popular Internet forward has been a “bell” that tells of identity in Christ. It is often circulated at Christmas, but it “rings” with a message that goes far beyond the incarnation of Jesus. It “rings” of the work Jesus did to redeem you and me because it tells of the benefits we received when He saved us. This “bell” should be rung to remind us of the precious gifts that are ours. It should be rung in our hearts as the joyful sound of our salvation, and it should be rung as a reminder that all we have is from Jesus and all we are is found in Him.
This bell “rings” with the “sounds” of love, joy, mercy, grace, and peace, all given to us by Jesus. It “rings” with hope, and it is a reminder of the strength we have in Jesus. It “rings” with encouragement to face each and every day.
Read my poem, “Ring the Bell of Identity in Jesus,” and then print the “bell.” Tuck the “bell” in your Bible. “Ring it” (read it) every day. It “tolls” of the riches of Christ. Awake, every day, remembering who you are in Christ and letting the “chimes of this bell” sound in your hearts!
Ring the Bell of Identity in Christ
by Shari Abbott
When dark clouds creep in; When life hits a low
Remember that Jesus has hope to bestow.
He’s given us life; Joy, peace, comfort, and rest.
He’s given much more; In Him, we are blessed.
In freedom, we live; At one with our Lord.
We’ve answered His call; The greatest blessing of all.
We now know Him well; His grace He’s revealed.
We know that in Him; We dwell and we’re sealed.
No longer we seek, Our identity on earth.
We are His, He is ours; In our glorious rebirth.
Let us always remember, What Jesus has done.
The riches He’s given; With Him, we are one.
May joy ring this bell; His love we proclaim.
May peace ring this bell; And hope do the same.
May we ring this bell, To extol His great Name.
And tell all the world, Of the joy that we claim.
With identity in Jesus, We ring this bell loud.
To make a joyful noise, To our Saviour, our God.
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2021
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Do ANGELS TAKE US TO HEAVEN When We Die?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas