The Lord said,
- “Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me” (John 15:4 – NKJV)
Our Lord has told us to “abide” in Him. The Greek word for “abide” means, “remain, endure, continue, dwell.” He is telling us to “continue” and “remain” in the sphere of an intimate and functional and trusting relationship with Him; a walk where His will, His instruction, is as much ours as it is His. When we do this, when we “abide in Him,” it makes a great difference in our life, it shows that we are His, that we know Him. Note,
- “By this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, ‘I know Him,’ and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whosoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.” (I John 2:3-6 – NKJV)
Abiding in Christ is indicated by one who “keeps His commandments,” who walks “just as He walked.” Note,
- “Whosoever abides in Him does not sin” (I John 3:6 – NKJV)
Abiding in Christ is indicated by one who does not habitually sin, it is not our practice. Note,
- “. . . he who loves his brother abides in the light” (I John 2:10 – NKJV)
Abiding, continuing in, remaining in, being in Christ is evidenced by our love for our brothers and sisters in Christ. Note,
- “Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him.” (I John 3:24 – NKJV)
We walk brethren keeping the Word of God, obeying it and thus giving evidence that Christ is in us and that we are in Him.
And so . . .
- “. . . little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming” (I John 2:28 – NKJV)
Have a good day. And, as you walk through the day, make your calling more sure and fruitful and evident by “abiding in Christ,” by being in Him. Make it evident that He is in you.
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge