Presidents throughout our nation’s history have prayed to God and invoked His name and His will to direct them and to bless our country.
Watch as Presidents proclaim their faith, and evangelists speak about true hope. Then pray for God’s mercy and grace upon our country and that He be the One who leads and directs our country’s elected officials.
Christian evangelist, apologist, author and speaker, Alex McFarland prays for our nation (July 2016, before the 2016 election). Alex is also the co-host of a daily radio program, Exploring the Word, on American Family Radio. Pray with us now for our country.
“Almighty God. As we stand here at this moment, my future associates in the executive branch of government join me in beseeching that thou will make full and complete our dedication to the service of the people…” — President Dwight Eisenhower, 34th President, 2nd Inaugural Address 1957
“The peoples of the earth face the future with grave uncertainty, composed almost equally of great hopes and great fears.” — President Harry S. Truman, 33rd President of the United States, Inaugural Address 1949.
“…with history the final judge of our deeds, let us go forth to lead the land we love, asking His blessing and His help, but knowing that here on earth God’s work must truly be our own.” — President John F. Kennedy, 35th President of the United States, Inaugural Address 1961
Our Nation is in TROUBLE!
No hope in the Democrats!
No hope in the Republicans!
← Hear this short lesson from the book of Nehemiah, shared by Franklin Graham at the Decision America Tours 2016.
Where is our hope?
Will Our Nation Continue to be Blessed?
We Need God More Than He Needs Us
Our country was founded by men and women who believed in God and His Word. “Where did we begin to lose sight of that noble beginning?”
7,900 people! 293 prayed to receive Jesus!!!
In Almighty God!
Pray to the God of Hope
All the Answers to All the Problems
Why do we make it so difficult? Listen to this former President, who spoke of the simplicity and importance of truth.
Decision America 2016, Columbus OH
On 10/06, my husband, a friend, and I (Shari Abbott, Reasons for Hope* Jesus) drove to Columbus for Decision America 2016. It was an amazing experience to join with thousands of Christians, and Franklin Graham, to pray for God’s mercy for our country and His provision for our future. Pause to Pray for our nation, its leaders, and all Americans. AND…Get out and VOTE on 11/08/2016.
Pray with Dependence &
Pray with Confidence
We desperately need God. He is our only true hope! Take time to pray asking for His guidance as you consider casting your vote. Remember, it is God who raises up leaders and deposes them (Daniel 2:21). Seek His will and trust that our future is in His hands.
Which president said, “We Will Never Abandon Our Belief in God?” (This video captures his words) We know there is sin and evil in the world. We know that we are to stand fast on the truth of God. When hate groups rise up, we must denounce them following a pure and simple command Jesus gave us.
Read the words of President Calvin Coolidge, the 30th President of the United States. At his inauguration, he spoke of the importance of remembering the faith and values of our country’s founding fathers. At the 150th Anniversary of the Declaration of Independence, he spoke boldly of the fate of America, if we abandon the principles upon which our country was founded and forget the words of faith in the Declaration of Independence. Read now the words of this President and be inspired.
The Scriptures are our source of wisdom. May they also be our guide in all things. Listen as Billy Graham prayed at a past presidential inauguration.
You Can Make a Difference
Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving. (Colossians 4:2)
Memorial Day, 4th of July, Patriotic Articles & Videos
- Watch 24 Reasons Why I Love America, by John Wayne (a must see, moving video)
- Dependent Independence (video)
- Is Memorial Day Biblical?
- We Will Remember (video)
- Pause to Pray (video)
- President Ronald Reagan Sharing A WWI Soldier’s Pledge (video)
- Biblical Faith During WWII
- Memories in the Cloud
- A Day to Remember (video)
- Words from the White House about our Christian Nation
- What Would Billy Graham Say…about the Election?
- Watch as Former Presidents Pray and Proclaim Faith in God and His Word (video)
- Is Not Voting a Sin? How is Voting Like Praying?
- Measured By Our Words: The Wisdom of Calvin Coolidge
- Is America a Christian Nation?
- National Day of Prayer
- At the Gate of the Year: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- Two Minute Tribute to Those Who Gave Their All -- by Pres. Ronald Reagan (video)
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace (video)
- Forget Not…Three Remembrances on Memorial Day
- The Land of the Free (video)
- Thank You, God, for Freedom (video)
- The White House: Shrouded in Color or Covered in God’s Word?
- Amazing Grace Bagpipes -video (A real tear-jerker)
- Their Legacy of Freedom Lives On - video
- No Greater Love: In Memory of Our Fallen Heroes -video
- A Prayer to Pray on Independence Day (video)
- "You Will Hear of Wars and Rumors of Wars"
- Grateful for Our Heroes - Memorial Day Tribute
- Should We Not Repeat Prayers Because of Vain Repetitions? (Matt 6:7)
- Do You Say or Pray The Lord’s Prayer? by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
- Can You Pray St Patrick’s Prayer?
- Hear My Prayer, O Lord – 12 Supplications
- A Prayer for Peace in a Troubled World
- A Little Girl’s Prayer for Her Daddy
- The LORD Receives My Prayer
- A Heart for God Revealed in St. Patrick’s Prayer (video)
- Prayers from Billy Graham
- Incessant Prayer (Communion with God)
- The Word and Prayer Together
- My Prayer? That You Would Know . . . .
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (Take a fun vision test.)
- Should We Only Pray to the Father as Jesus Taught? Or Is It Okay to Pray to Jesus and the Spirit?
- National Day of Prayer
- Why is Prayer Important?
- Effectual Praying
- PAUSE TO PRAY
- And Hezekiah Prayed
- Is Not Voting a Sin? And, how is voting like praying?
- Praying Like The Master
- Pause to Pray for Children
- My Prayer? That You Would Know . . . .
- A Christmas Morning Prayer
- Why didn’t God answer my prayers and heal my loved one?
- What are the various types of prayer? How should I pray?
- Why does the Catholic church pray to “saints,” if Jesus is the only one who can answer prayers?
If you do NOT know Jesus, click here NOW!
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering
YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, we hope you will support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and we need your help to continue. Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?*** Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. Subscribe to our newsletter and we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email). SUBSCRIBE NOW
Be Ready Always...to give a reason for your Hope. (1 Pet 3:15)
When you can’t share the gospel with your words, share it by leaving tracts that tell people about God's grace. SHARE THE GOSPEL NOW!
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR