Visit our Pause to Pray page. You will find inspiring short videos of former Presidents who prayed for our nation and spoke words of faith in God. There are also videos of evangelists who call upon the people of our nation to return to God. And there are prayers to petition for God’s mercy and to encourage and inspire hope in our nation’s future.
Take a minute and watch one, two, or more of these really short videos. Be challenged to think more biblically, and to pray more faithfully, for our nation’s leaders and its people.
Pause to Pray and Remember
As we pray, let’s remember God’s blessings and the biblical foundation of our nation. Our country was founded by God-fearing men and women with biblical principles. There is no doubt that our founding fathers were God-fearing and Christ-following men. While skeptics claim that many of the founding fathers were simply deists who didn’t believe in Jesus, there is much evidence that their faith was in the Triune God of the Bible. Yes, they often spoke only using the name God, but, prior to the latter part of the 20th century, there was little question that they were referring to the Christian God.
A Biblical Pattern in Our Government
Our form of government was built upon biblical precepts and principles, reflecting God’s perfect pattern of rule. Before we look at a verse in Isaiah that so clearly defines our government, and even reveals the biblical pattern for our three branches of government, let’s remember that Jesus reigns supreme. As Isaiah tells, “…the LORD is our Judge, the LORD is our Lawgiver, the LORD is our King…”
Jesus is Our Justifier
The verse in Isaiah speaks first of the Lord as our Judge. We know that Jesus is the righteous Judge in our justification. He is the One who gives salvation to repentant sinners who come to Him in faith.
Jesus is Our Sanctifier
The verse also speaks of the Lord as our Lawgiver. We know Jesus is the Lawgiver who kept the Law for us, the lawbreakers. He lived the perfectly righteous life, then died for our sins so the Law would have no power to condemn us. When repentant sinners trust in Jesus, He saves them and gives them His righteousness. “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus…” (Romans 8:1) for they stand righteous in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21). “…The Law was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.” (Galatians 3:24-26) The Law cannot condemn a child of God, but it still can certainly instruct and demonstrate godly living.
Jesus is Our Glorifier
One day we will leave this earth and enter into the presence of our King and into His glory. One day He will give us glorified bodies, likened unto His glorified body (Philippians 3:21). Sin will have been vanquished forever more and we will be made perfect by our Lord, our Justifier, our Sanctifier and our Glorifier.
Our Government in the Book of Isaiah?
Let’s look at the verse in Isaiah again and see how it points to Jesus as our Judge, our Lawgiver and our King. Also tucked into this verse is a revelation of the three branches of government in the United States of America.
Isaiah 33:22 For the LORD is our Judge [we have a judicial branch], the LORD is our Lawgiver [we have a legislative branch], the LORD is our King [we have a “ruling” branch, our executive branch]….
While the first part of this verse points to a fair and just foundation for government, the rest of the verse only speaks of One who is Perfect in all His sovereign rule. Isaiah finishes by saying the Lord, our Judge, Lawgiver and King “will save us.” Our government cannot do that. The U.S. government can certainly judge the people of our country. And it can legislate laws that regulate how we live and work. Our government can even “rule” over us with authority (to some extent). But our government can never save us. Only Jesus saves!
Dependence on Jesus Not Government
While our government follows a biblical pattern to operate, it does not have the power to give life or to perfectly direct one’s life. As Christians, we all know that our dependence is only to be on Jesus, the One true and perfect Sovereign King. Pray for all the people of our nation. That their hearts be turned to God in faith and trust. Pray that all will know Him as the Lord who is the perfect, loving, kind, merciful and gracious Judge, Lawgiver and King.
Please watch this short video and join us on Fridays for encouragement and to pray for our nation as we move toward electing a new President.
Pray for the people of our country and our leaders.
Visit Our Pause to Pray Page
Watch 24 Reasons Why I Love America by John Wayne
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement to us. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, we hope you will support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and. . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2021
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Do ANGELS TAKE US TO HEAVEN When We Die?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas