Visit our Pause to Pray page. You will find inspiring short videos of former Presidents who prayed for our nation and spoke words of faith in God. There are also videos of evangelists who call upon the people of our nation to return to God. And there are prayers to petition for God’s mercy and to encourage and inspire hope in our nation’s future.
Take a minute and watch one, two, or more of these really short videos. Be challenged to think more biblically, and to pray more faithfully, for our nation’s leaders and its people.
Pause to Pray and Remember
As we pray, let’s remember God’s blessings and the biblical foundation of our nation. Our country was founded by God-fearing men and women with biblical principles. There is no doubt that our founding fathers were God-fearing and Christ-following men. While skeptics claim that many of the founding fathers were simply deists who didn’t believe in Jesus, there is much evidence that their faith was in the Triune God of the Bible. Yes, they often spoke only using the name God, but, prior to the latter part of the 20th century, there was little question that they were referring to the Christian God.
A Biblical Pattern in Our Government
Our form of government was built upon biblical precepts and principles, reflecting God’s perfect pattern of rule. Before we look at a verse in Isaiah that so clearly defines our government, and even reveals the biblical pattern for our three branches of government, let’s remember that Jesus reigns supreme. As Isaiah tells, “…the LORD is our Judge, the LORD is our Lawgiver, the LORD is our King…”
Jesus is Our Justifier
The verse in Isaiah speaks first of the Lord as our Judge. We know that Jesus is the righteous Judge in our justification. He is the One who gives salvation to repentant sinners who come to Him in faith.
Jesus is Our Sanctifier
The verse also speaks of the Lord as our Lawgiver. We know Jesus is the Lawgiver who kept the Law for us, the lawbreakers. He lived the perfectly righteous life, then died for our sins so the Law would have no power to condemn us. When repentant sinners trust in Jesus, He saves them and gives them His righteousness. “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus…” (Romans 8:1) for they stand righteous in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21). “…The Law was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.” (Galatians 3:24-26) The Law cannot condemn a child of God, but it still can certainly instruct and demonstrate godly living.
Jesus is Our Glorifier
One day we will leave this earth and enter into the presence of our King and into His glory. One day He will give us glorified bodies, likened unto His glorified body (Philippians 3:21). Sin will have been vanquished forever more and we will be made perfect by our Lord, our Justifier, our Sanctifier and our Glorifier.
Our Government in the Book of Isaiah?
Let’s look at the verse in Isaiah again and see how it points to Jesus as our Judge, our Lawgiver and our King. Also tucked into this verse is a revelation of the three branches of government in the United States of America.
Isaiah 33:22 For the LORD is our Judge [we have a judicial branch], the LORD is our Lawgiver [we have a legislative branch], the LORD is our King [we have a “ruling” branch, our executive branch]….
While the first part of this verse points to a fair and just foundation for government, the rest of the verse only speaks of One who is Perfect in all His sovereign rule. Isaiah finishes by saying the Lord, our Judge, Lawgiver and King “will save us.” Our government cannot do that. The U.S. government can certainly judge the people of our country. And it can legislate laws that regulate how we live and work. Our government can even “rule” over us with authority (to some extent). But our government can never save us. Only Jesus saves!
Dependence on Jesus Not Government
While our government follows a biblical pattern to operate, it does not have the power to give life or to perfectly direct one’s life. As Christians, we all know that our dependence is only to be on Jesus, the One true and perfect Sovereign King. Pray for all the people of our nation. That their hearts be turned to God in faith and trust. Pray that all will know Him as the Lord who is the perfect, loving, kind, merciful and gracious Judge, Lawgiver and King.
Please watch this short video and join us on Fridays for encouragement and to pray for our nation as we move toward electing a new President.
Pray for the people of our country and our leaders.
Visit Our Pause to Pray Page
Watch 24 Reasons Why I Love America by John Wayne
The Top Ten from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.