Never has it been more important for Christians to balance their lives. But I am NOT referring to tolerance regarding political and moral issues versus biblical standards.
Never have I seen so many Christians focused on political and secular social and moral issues…and we must be informed on these issues and speak out and stand strong on biblical values. Just as secular media provides information, so also do a multitude of Christian resources, and we must be willing and ready to share what God says on all issues.
There’s also an increasing number of Christians keenly focused on apocalyptic end times prophesy. Books predicting a coming judgment of America and the return of Jesus Christ offer new insights using biblical references–some of which are faithful and God-honoring, others that are far too speculative and imaginative. I’m sure you’ve heard of some of the prophecies for this September. Let’s just say….we’ll see.
The warnings abound, from the “town crier” alerts on political, social and moral issues, to the “watchman on the wall” warnings of impending judgment. Both are necessary and they can be motivating. Americans need to wake up to the problems in our country, and that also includes Christian Americans. We need to be informed, but as we spend time studying and reading about events in our country and in the world, I want to raise two questions that all Christians must ponder.
1) Are we spending an equal, or greater, amount of time reading God’s Word as we are reading, listening and watching secular and Christian media information about current events?
2) Are we spending as much time talking to God in prayer about the concerns of our hearts for the world and lost souls. Or is most of our time spent in conversations at the water cooler, over dinner, and even in Bible studies and small groups, about the dire straits of increasing sin in our country and the growing rejection of God and His values
Labor to Balance…
Balance is important. Only with the weight of your heart being first strengthened in Jesus, and with your mind being renewed in His word, will you have the strength to stand strong in the face of tribulation.
If we are honest, we know that the scales usually tip to spending a great deal more time focusing on worldly events. Commit today to balance the scales and even tip them to more time spent in reading the Bible and prayer. Begin every day by reading your Bible. Make “no Bible, no breakfast” your desire. Read three chapters a day and you’ll read through the entire Bible in a year. When your alarm goes off, don’t hit the “snooze” and return to sleep. Open your eyes and focus them on Jesus. Take one minute, 5 minutes, or more, and talk to Him. Begin your day spending as much time as possible in His presence. Use your time wisely. Labor to balance your day from beginning to end, and when you start with God’s Word and prayer you’ll find that it’s not work. It’s a labor of love.
Do find time to stay current with the world and local events and be informed of the direction of our country and other nations. But first, find time to strengthen the direction of your life. Jesus is our Anchor in life. Add that Anchor to the scales of life and it’ll outweigh all other problems. He will give you hope.
Tip The Scales This
Whatever your labor in life might be, know that God has created you for His glory and for His purposes. Let your labor be for Him and fueled by the power of knowing that you are in Him and He is in You.
Psalm 127:1 Unless the LORD builds the house, They labor in vain who build it
1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
Hebrews 6:19 This Hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast.
The Fun with “Shun” Study is available once again.
As a book with DVD or as an iBook with embedded videos.
Buy it NOW and have some Fun with Shuns!
Preview Fun with Shuns.
Buy either the Book & DVD at the store or the Kindle book.
Happy Labor Day, from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
Why Do We Call it Labor Day?
Skilled And Unskilled Laborer
The Equation of Life: Life = Labor + Leisure
Labor to Balance
Two Minutes of Refreshing for Labor Day Weekend
God Cares About Your Work and Your Rest
Sometimes the Most Spiritual Thing You Can Do Is Take a Nap
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2022
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- ONLY ONE LIFE, Twill Soon Be Past – by C.T. Studd (1860 – 1931)
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
This is not a Got Questions? article. But it's so popular it ranked among the top pages viewed:
More Popular Got Questions
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Jesus' Last Days TIMELINE: The Cross and The Crucifixion
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- Jesus in the Gospels: What are the Four Different Presentations of Jesus?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- Why Did God Create Man Knowing MAN WOULD SIN?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Can Jews go to Heaven without knowing Jesus?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Not by Might, Not by Power, But BY MY SPIRIT says the Lord (Zechariah 4:6)
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED