Never has it been more important for Christians to balance their lives. But I am NOT referring to tolerance regarding political and moral issues versus biblical standards.
Never have I seen so many Christians focused on political and secular social and moral issues…and we must be informed on these issues and speak out and stand strong on biblical values. Just as secular media provides information, so also do a multitude of Christian resources, and we must be willing and ready to share what God says on all issues.
There’s also an increasing number of Christians keenly focused on apocalyptic end times prophesy. Books predicting a coming judgment of America and the return of Jesus Christ offer new insights using biblical references–some of which are faithful and God-honoring, others that are far too speculative and imaginative. I’m sure you’ve heard of some of the prophecies for this September. Let’s just say….we’ll see.
The warnings abound, from the “town crier” alerts on political, social and moral issues, to the “watchman on the wall” warnings of impending judgment. Both are necessary and they can be motivating. Americans need to wake up to the problems in our country, and that also includes Christian Americans. We need to be informed, but as we spend time studying and reading about events in our country and in the world, I want to raise two questions that all Christians must ponder.
1) Are we spending an equal, or greater, amount of time reading God’s Word as we are reading, listening and watching secular and Christian media information about current events?
2) Are we spending as much time talking to God in prayer about the concerns of our hearts for the world and lost souls. Or is most of our time spent in conversations at the water cooler, over dinner, and even in Bible studies and small groups, about the dire straits of increasing sin in our country and the growing rejection of God and His values
Labor to Balance…
Balance is important. Only with the weight of your heart being first strengthened in Jesus, and with your mind being renewed in His word, will you have the strength to stand strong in the face of tribulation.
If we are honest, we know that the scales usually tip to spending a great deal more time focusing on worldly events. Commit today to balance the scales and even tip them to more time spent in reading the Bible and prayer. Begin every day by reading your Bible. Make “no Bible, no breakfast” your desire. Read three chapters a day and you’ll read through the entire Bible in a year. When your alarm goes off, don’t hit the “snooze” and return to sleep. Open your eyes and focus them on Jesus. Take one minute, 5 minutes, or more, and talk to Him. Begin your day spending as much time as possible in His presence. Use your time wisely. Labor to balance your day from beginning to end, and when you start with God’s Word and prayer you’ll find that it’s not work. It’s a labor of love.
Do find time to stay current with the world and local events and be informed of the direction of our country and other nations. But first, find time to strengthen the direction of your life. Jesus is our Anchor in life. Add that Anchor to the scales of life and it’ll outweigh all other problems. He will give you hope.
Tip The Scales This
Whatever your labor in life might be, know that God has created you for His glory and for His purposes. Let your labor be for Him and fueled by the power of knowing that you are in Him and He is in You.
Psalm 127:1 Unless the LORD builds the house, They labor in vain who build it
1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
Hebrews 6:19 This Hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast.
The Fun with “Shun” Study is available once again.
As a book with DVD or as an iBook with embedded videos.
Buy it NOW and have some Fun with Shuns!
Preview Fun with Shuns.
Happy Labor Day, from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
Why Do We Call it Labor Day?
Skilled And Unskilled Laborer
The Equation of Life: Life = Labor + Leisure
Labor to Balance
Two Minutes of Refreshing for Labor Day Weekend
God Cares About Your Work and Your Rest
Sometimes the Most Spiritual Thing You Can Do Is Take a Nap
The Top Ten from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.