This weekend is set aside as a time for rest from our labors. The holiday is defined as “a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country.” 
[Don’t miss the video below]
We all work hard and, for many, the workloads seem to be increasing. As our modern technology spins out of control, everything is moving at a rapid, even frenetic, pace. A weekend of rest is well needed; and yet all too often we pack holiday weekends with travel, parties, and activities that leave us even more tired than before the weekend began.
The same is true in our Christian “work.” We can often be so busy serving the Lord that we fail to rest. In the story of the meal at Lazarus’ house, Martha was so busy preparing and serving that she neglected what was important—time alone at the feet of Jesus (Luke 10:38-42).
Don’t let this weekend be a time of frenzy. Slow down, and take time to be with Jesus. Cease from your labor and rest in His love.
Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Jesus is our rest. He is our Sabbath. This world and all that it has to offer will never satisfy or comfort us. Only Jesus can truly give what our souls long for.
This weekend, let go of the yoke of this world and…”take [Jesus’] yoke upon you, and learn of [Him]; for [He is] meek and lowly in heart: and you will find rest for your soul. [His] yoke is easy, and [His] burden is light.” (Matthew 11:29)
Be still this weekend and know that Jesus is God (Psalm 46:10) Spend some time with the Master. Find rest at His feet and open His Word. Find comfort in the refreshing Fountain of Living Waters (Jeremiah 17:13). Jesus is our hope (Titus 1:1, Colossians 1:27) and He is our rest:
There remains, therefore, a rest to the people of God.
For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased
from his own works, as God did from his.
Let us labour, therefore, to enter into that rest…
Happy Labor Day, from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
Why Do We Call it Labor Day?
Skilled And Unskilled Laborer
The Equation of Life: Life = Labor + Leisure
Labor to Balance
Two Minutes of Refreshing for Labor Day Weekend
God Cares About Your Work and Your Rest
Sometimes the Most Spiritual Thing You Can Do Is Take a Nap
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2021
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Do ANGELS TAKE US TO HEAVEN When We Die?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas