This weekend is set aside as a time for rest from our labors. The holiday is defined as “a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country.” 
[Don’t miss the video below]
We all work hard and, for many, the workloads seem to be increasing. As our modern technology spins out of control, everything is moving at a rapid, even frenetic, pace. A weekend of rest is well needed; and yet all too often we pack holiday weekends with travel, parties, and activities that leave us even more tired than before the weekend began.
The same is true in our Christian “work.” We can often be so busy serving the Lord that we fail to rest. In the story of the meal at Lazarus’ house, Martha was so busy preparing and serving that she neglected what was important—time alone at the feet of Jesus (Luke 10:38-42).
Don’t let this weekend be a time of frenzy. Slow down, and take time to be with Jesus. Cease from your labor and rest in His love.
Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Jesus is our rest. He is our Sabbath. This world and all that it has to offer will never satisfy or comfort us. Only Jesus can truly give what our souls long for.
This weekend, let go of the yoke of this world and…”take [Jesus’] yoke upon you, and learn of [Him]; for [He is] meek and lowly in heart: and you will find rest for your soul. [His] yoke is easy, and [His] burden is light.” (Matthew 11:29)
Be still this weekend and know that Jesus is God (Psalm 46:10) Spend some time with the Master. Find rest at His feet and open His Word. Find comfort in the refreshing Fountain of Living Waters (Jeremiah 17:13). Jesus is our hope (Titus 1:1, Colossians 1:27) and He is our rest:
There remains, therefore, a rest to the people of God.
For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased
from his own works, as God did from his.
Let us labour, therefore, to enter into that rest…
Happy Labor Day, from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
Why Do We Call it Labor Day?
Skilled And Unskilled Laborer
The Equation of Life: Life = Labor + Leisure
Labor to Balance
Two Minutes of Refreshing for Labor Day Weekend
God Cares About Your Work and Your Rest
Sometimes the Most Spiritual Thing You Can Do Is Take a Nap
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference:
Visit our Store