You might think the answers to “What is the Hymn of Heaven?” are the seven songs recorded in the book of Revelation.
- Rev 4:8 … Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
- Rev 4: 11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
- Rev 5:9-10 … Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
- Rev 5:12 …Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
- Rev 5:13 …Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
- Rev 7:10 Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
- Rev 7:12 Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
Yes, those are seven beautiful hymns of praise and worship. They are sung in Heaven, but I am not referencing the hymns sung in Heaven, but rather a hymn sung on earth — “The Hymn of Heaven.” This hymn is a beautiful song by Christian music artist Phil Wickham. The song proclaims the beauty and joy of Heaven that is promised to all Christians. It reminds us of our promised destiny and the glory that will be one day be ours.
Before you watch the song video below, let’s briefly consider…
What Do We Know About Heaven?
We know very little from the Bible. And we must be careful about what man says about Heaven. We know it can often be flawed (Read: Is Heaven for Real?).
However, Jesus gave the apostle John a glimpse into the Throne Room of Heaven. Jesus told him to write what he saw, which is recorded in Revelation 4 and 5. John wrote of a beautiful scene where he saw Jesus sitting on a throne and the living creatures (the heavenly host) and the 24 elders (representing the redeemed) worshipping Him. They sang five of the seven songs that are listed above. They proclaimed Jesus to be eternal, the Lord God Almighty (hymn 1), the One who created all things (hymn 2), the One who is worthy (hymns 2, 3, and 4), the Redeemer of man (hymn 3), and the Lamb of God (hymn 5).
John also wrote of seeing a glassy sea, a magnificent rainbow of color, and more. (Read: What Will Heaven Be Like?)
Why Study About Heaven?
All Christians must have a good, biblical theology of Heaven. It gives us hope and joy when we “look” forward to our Heavenly home. The Bible has told us that Heaven is the destiny after death of all who are in Christ (2 Cor 5:8). It is a place of comfort and rest, fullness of joy and peace, and eternal soul-satisfying unconditional love of God.
Heaven is where we will see our Lord and Saviour face-to-face (1 Cor 13:12), and it is gain for all who belong to Jesus (Phil. 1:21).
Take a few minutes and “build” your theology of Heaven. Watch the video below and read this article: What Will Heaven Be Like? And, What’s Missing in Heaven?(and the answer isn’t only “sin”).
“The Hymn of Heaven” by Phil Wickham
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2022
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- ONLY ONE LIFE, Twill Soon Be Past – by C.T. Studd (1860 – 1931)
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
More Popular Got Questions
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Jesus' Last Days TIMELINE: The Cross and The Crucifixion
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- Jesus in the Gospels: What are the Four Different Presentations of Jesus?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- Why Did God Create Man Knowing MAN WOULD SIN?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Can Jews go to Heaven without knowing Jesus?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Not by Might, Not by Power, But BY MY SPIRIT says the Lord (Zechariah 4:6)
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED