As we start the New Year let us bring to our remembrance some great words of encouragement and comfort from God’s Word. Let us adorn the beginning of this new year with words that remind us of who our Lord is and just what He is to each one of us . . .
- I will love You, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. (Psalm 18:1-2)
Let’s see . . . our God, He is our “strength” and He is our “rock” and our “fortress,” our “deliverer.” He is our “shield and the horn of” our “salvation.” He is our “stronghold.”
- “The LORD is my shepherd” (Psalm 23:1)
Ah yes . . . the Lord our God, He is our “shepherd.”
- “The LORD is my light and my salvation . . . the strength of my life” (Psalm 27:1)
Our God, He is our “light” and He is our “salvation,” the very “strength of our “life.
If we truly believe He is all these things to us then we say with David,
- Whom shall I fear? … When the wicked came against me To eat up my flesh, My enemies and foes, They stumbled and fell. Though an army may encamp against me, My heart shall not fear; Though war should rise against me, In this I will be confident. (Psalm 27:1-3)
The Lord is our “strength,” our “rock,” our “fortress,” our “deliverer,” our “shield,” the very “horn of” our “salvation,” our “stronghold,” our “shepherd,” our “light,” our “salvation,” a “very present help” (Ps 46:1) in all things.
The question remains, “Whom shall (we) fear?” Because we know about our God, we shall fear no one. In our God we shall “be confident” (Ps 27:3), and because “God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. . . we will not fear” (Ps 46:2),
Have a good day and a good year. As you step into the New Year let these words serve to remind you that our God, the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, is ever present with you (Heb 13:5)!
More inspiration for the New Year:
What are “The 70 New Year’s Resolutions?”
A New Year’s Meditation by Matthew Henry (1662-1714)
A New Year, A New Hope, It’s My Year – Guaranteed to Make You Smile! (video)
How Do I Change My Life? Two New Year’s Resolutions that will work!
Is a New Year’s Eve party biblical? What about the alcohol?
At the Gate of the Year: A Message to a Troubled Nation
I Resolve To….(video)
A New Year, A New Start. . .Another Resolution?
A New Year, A New Beginning
Good Reminders for the New Year
Not feeling in a celebratory mood? Remember, you are not alone. Read this article & watch the short video.
Be Ready Always...
to give a reason for the Hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15). When you can’t share the gospel with your words, share it by leaving tracts that tell people about God's grace.
When leaving a tract, always be diligent to pray about the short gospel message. Pray that it be found by someone who is in need of Jesus’ saving grace, and pray that the person will have a tender heart and open ears to receive the gift Jesus desires to give them.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, even a small tract can help in turning a broken sinner from darkness to light.
SHARE THE GOSPEL!
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR