As we start the New Year let us bring to our remembrance some great words of encouragement and comfort from God’s Word. Let us adorn the beginning of this new year with words that remind us of who our Lord is and just what He is to each one of us . . .
- I will love You, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. (Psalm 18:1-2)
Let’s see . . . our God, He is our “strength” and He is our “rock” and our “fortress,” our “deliverer.” He is our “shield and the horn of” our “salvation.” He is our “stronghold.”
- “The LORD is my shepherd” (Psalm 23:1)
Ah yes . . . the Lord our God, He is our “shepherd.”
- “The LORD is my light and my salvation . . . the strength of my life” (Psalm 27:1)
Our God, He is our “light” and He is our “salvation,” the very “strength of our “life.
If we truly believe He is all these things to us then we say with David,
- Whom shall I fear? … When the wicked came against me To eat up my flesh, My enemies and foes, They stumbled and fell. Though an army may encamp against me, My heart shall not fear; Though war should rise against me, In this I will be confident. (Psalm 27:1-3)
The Lord is our “strength,” our “rock,” our “fortress,” our “deliverer,” our “shield,” the very “horn of” our “salvation,” our “stronghold,” our “shepherd,” our “light,” our “salvation,” a “very present help” (Ps 46:1) in all things.
The question remains, “Whom shall (we) fear?” Because we know about our God, we shall fear no one. In our God we shall “be confident” (Ps 27:3), and because “God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. . . we will not fear” (Ps 46:2),
Have a good day and a good year. As you step into the New Year let these words serve to remind you that our God, the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, is ever present with you (Heb 13:5)!
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference:
Visit our Store