As we start the New Year let us bring to our remembrance some great words of encouragement and comfort from God’s Word. Let us adorn the beginning of this new year with words that remind us of who our Lord is and just what He is to each one of us . . .
- I will love You, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. (Psalm 18:1-2)
Let’s see . . . our God, He is our “strength” and He is our “rock” and our “fortress,” our “deliverer.” He is our “shield and the horn of” our “salvation.” He is our “stronghold.”
- “The LORD is my shepherd” (Psalm 23:1)
Ah yes . . . the Lord our God, He is our “shepherd.”
- “The LORD is my light and my salvation . . . the strength of my life” (Psalm 27:1)
Our God, He is our “light” and He is our “salvation,” the very “strength of our “life.
If we truly believe He is all these things to us then we say with David,
- Whom shall I fear? … When the wicked came against me To eat up my flesh, My enemies and foes, They stumbled and fell. Though an army may encamp against me, My heart shall not fear; Though war should rise against me, In this I will be confident. (Psalm 27:1-3)
The Lord is our “strength,” our “rock,” our “fortress,” our “deliverer,” our “shield,” the very “horn of” our “salvation,” our “stronghold,” our “shepherd,” our “light,” our “salvation,” a “very present help” (Ps 46:1) in all things.
The question remains, “Whom shall (we) fear?” Because we know about our God, we shall fear no one. In our God we shall “be confident” (Ps 27:3), and because “God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. . . we will not fear” (Ps 46:2),
Have a good day and a good year. As you step into the New Year let these words serve to remind you that our God, the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, is ever present with you (Heb 13:5)!
More inspiration for the New Year:
What are “The 70 New Year’s Resolutions?”
A New Year’s Meditation by Matthew Henry (1662-1714)
A New Year, A New Hope, It’s My Year – Guaranteed to Make You Smile! (video)
How Do I Change My Life? Two New Year’s Resolutions that will work!
Is a New Year’s Eve party biblical? What about the alcohol?
At the Gate of the Year: A Message to a Troubled Nation
I Resolve To….(video)
A New Year, A New Start. . .Another Resolution?
A New Year, A New Beginning
Good Reminders for the New Year
Ways to Glorify God - Bookmark
Not feeling in a celebratory mood? Remember, you are not alone. Read this article & watch the short video.
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
Thank you to all who contributed in 2020. Your generosity is a blessing and encouragement to us. We did not meet expenses in 2020 and still need your help to continue our global outreach in 2021. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, we hope you will support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and. . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
Top Ten in 2019
- What is the meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- What is the meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR