The Most Dangerous Place to Live in the United States?
In the womb of a mother. Abortion must be stopped.
January 22, 2018 marks the 45th anniversary of Roe vs. Wade, the law that was passed making abortion legal in the United States. In our country alone, more than 60 million babies have been aborted since 1973. And, as of January 2018, the worldwide number of abortions is more than 1,441,700, 000 (sadly, this number increases every second of every day).
Life is a Gift
Life is a precious gift from the Author (and the Finisher) of Life (Heb 12:2). There are many who speak out against abortion. There are many who work hard to change the law, to educate pregnant women, and to protect pre-born children. However, no voice more clearly defines the sanctity of life than the voice of the Giver of Life.
Watch this short video. In the faces of these little ones is reflected the most fundamental truths of life. In the words on the screen are the truths of God. He is the Author of Life. He fashions and gives life to every pre-born baby. (Ps 119:73) All life is a gift from Him and it is our duty to protect and nurture life and joy to give thanks and praise to the Giver of Life.
Know the Facts. Then Share the Truth!
Roe v. Wade, 1973
Plaintiff: Norma McCorvey, using “Jane Roe” as an alias, and representing all pregnant women in a class-action suit
Defendant: Dallas County, Texas, district attorney Henry B. Wade
Plaintiff’s Claim: That the Texas abortion law violated the constitutional rights of McCorvey and other women
Place: Washington, D.C.
Date of Decision: January 22, 1973
Decision: Invalidated all state laws restricting women’s access to abortions during the first trimester (three months) of pregnancy and upheld only those second-trimester (three to six month) restrictions that protected the health of pregnant women
Significance: This landmark decision made abortion legal in the United States.
Statistics from Abort73
- Based on available state-level data, an estimated 908,000 U.S. abortions took place in 2015.
- In 2014, an estimated 926,240 abortions took place in the United States, down from 1.06 million in 2011, 1.21 million abortions in 2008, 1.2 million in 2005, 1.29 million in 2002, 1.31 million in 2000 and 1.36 million in 1996.
- In 2014, approximately 19% of U.S. pregnancies (excluding spontaneous miscarriages) ended in abortion.
- In 2014, the highest percentage of pregnancies were aborted in the District of Columbia(38%), New York (33%), and New Jersey (30%). The lowest percentage of pregnancies were aborted in Utah (5%), South Dakota (4%), and Wyoming (<2%). (AGI* abortion data + CDC* birth data).
- In 2014, approximately 37% of all pregnancies in New York City (excluding spontaneous miscarriages) ended in abortion (CDC).
- The annual number of legal induced abortions in the United States doubled between 1973 and 1979 and peaked in 1990. There was a slow but steady decline through the 1990’s. Overall, the number of annual abortions decreased by 6% between 2000 and 2009, with temporary spikes in 2002 and 2006 (CDC).
- From 2013 to 2014, the total number and rate of reported abortions decreased 2%; the ratio of reported abortions decreased 7% (CDC).
Who Has Abortions?
- In 2014, unmarried women accounted for 85.5% of all abortions (CDC).
- Among married women, 4% of pregnancies end in abortion. Among unmarried women, 27% of pregnancies end in abortion (CDC).
- Women in their 20s accounted for the majority of abortions in 2014 and had the highest abortion rates (CDC).
- Adolescents under 15 years obtained .03% of all 2014 abortions; women aged 15–19 years accounted for 10.4% (CDC).
- Women living with a partner to whom they are not married account for 25% of abortions but only about 10% of women in the population (NAF*).
Why and When Do Abortions Occur?
In 2004, the Guttmacher Institute anonymously surveyed 1,209 post-abortive women from nine different abortion clinics across the country. Of the women surveyed, 957 provided a main reason for having an abortion.
- Not ready for a child – 25%
- Can’t afford a baby – 23%
- Done having children – 19%
- Don’t want to be a single mother – 8%
- Not mature enough to raise a child – 7%
- Would interfere with education or career – 4%
- Physical health problems – 4%
- Fetal health problems – 4%
- Victim of rape – 3%
- Other – 6%
89-92% of all abortions happen during the first trimester, prior to the 13th week of gestation (AGI/CDC).
For additional statistics and information visit abort73.com [http://abort73.com/abortion_facts/us_abortion_statistics/]
* AGI: Alan Guttmacher Institute (an arm of Planned Parenthood); CDC: Center for Disease Control; NAF: National Abortion Federatio
Statistics from Right to Life of Holland (MI)
Abortions by State
The approximate number of pre-born babies, created in God’s image, who have been killed since 1973.
Michigan: 9.88 Million
Wisconsin: 5.71 Million
Minnesota: 5.32 Million
Iowa: 3.06 Million
North Dakota: 683,932
South Dakota: 824,082
Nebraska: 1.84 Million
Kansas: 2.87 Million
Louisiana: 4.57 Million
Colorado: 5.12 Million
Utah: 2.82 Million
Arizona: 6.48 Million
Idaho: 1.58 Million
Arkansas: 2.94 Million
US Abortion Rate
- 2,900 per day
- 137 per hour
- 2.3 per minute
For more information visit https://rtlofholland.org/abortion-statistics/
Share The Truth
Man was created in the image of God. Human life is sacred and must be protected, including the lives of the pre-born. Speak out and share God’s truth.
Pro-Life Articles and Videos
- "Choice" Spoken Word Poetry Video
- What Does It Mean to Be Created in God’s Image? (article and video)
- Pro-Life Matters (article and video)
- Who Can Tell Me? (video)
- (article and video)God's Masterpiece (Pro-life video)
- Formed by His Hand (video)
- The Miracle of Life (video)
- Before Time Began (video)
- If Pre-borns Could Talk: A Conversation in the Womb
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIEDon Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
Is my TATTOO a sin?
The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible? The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Is it a sin to be FAT?
To TAT (tattoo) or Not to Tat? Is That the Question?
What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
CanJEWSgo toHEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAMSay on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge