The Most Dangerous Place to Live in the United States?
In the womb of a mother. Abortion must be stopped.
January 22, 2018 marks the 45th anniversary of Roe vs. Wade, the law that was passed making abortion legal in the United States. In our country alone, more than 60 million babies have been aborted since 1973. And, as of January 2018, the worldwide number of abortions is more than 1,441,700, 000 (sadly, this number increases every second of every day).
Life is a Gift
Life is a precious gift from the Author (and the Finisher) of Life (Heb 12:2). There are many who speak out against abortion. There are many who work hard to change the law, to educate pregnant women, and to protect pre-born children. However, no voice more clearly defines the sanctity of life than the voice of the Giver of Life.
Watch this short video. In the faces of these little ones is reflected the most fundamental truths of life. In the words on the screen are the truths of God. He is the Author of Life. He fashions and gives life to every pre-born baby. (Ps 119:73) All life is a gift from Him and it is our duty to protect and nurture life and joy to give thanks and praise to the Giver of Life.
Know the Facts. Then Share the Truth!
Roe v. Wade, 1973
Plaintiff: Norma McCorvey, using “Jane Roe” as an alias, and representing all pregnant women in a class-action suit Defendant: Dallas County, Texas, district attorney Henry B. Wade Plaintiff’s Claim: That the Texas abortion law violated the constitutional rights of McCorvey and other women Place: Washington, D.C. Date of Decision: January 22, 1973 Decision: Invalidated all state laws restricting women’s access to abortions during the first trimester (three months) of pregnancy and upheld only those second-trimester (three to six month) restrictions that protected the health of pregnant women Significance: This landmark decision made abortion legal in the United States.
Statistics from Abort73
- Based on available state-level data, an estimated 908,000 U.S. abortions took place in 2015.
- In 2014, an estimated 926,240 abortions took place in the United States, down from 1.06 million in 2011, 1.21 million abortions in 2008, 1.2 million in 2005, 1.29 million in 2002, 1.31 million in 2000 and 1.36 million in 1996.
- In 2014, approximately 19% of U.S. pregnancies (excluding spontaneous miscarriages) ended in abortion.
- In 2014, the highest percentage of pregnancies were aborted in the District of Columbia(38%), New York (33%), and New Jersey (30%). The lowest percentage of pregnancies were aborted in Utah (5%), South Dakota (4%), and Wyoming (<2%). (AGI* abortion data + CDC* birth data).
- In 2014, approximately 37% of all pregnancies in New York City (excluding spontaneous miscarriages) ended in abortion (CDC).
- The annual number of legal induced abortions in the United States doubled between 1973 and 1979 and peaked in 1990. There was a slow but steady decline through the 1990’s. Overall, the number of annual abortions decreased by 6% between 2000 and 2009, with temporary spikes in 2002 and 2006 (CDC).
- From 2013 to 2014, the total number and rate of reported abortions decreased 2%; the ratio of reported abortions decreased 7% (CDC).
Who Has Abortions?
- In 2014, unmarried women accounted for 85.5% of all abortions (CDC).
- Among married women, 4% of pregnancies end in abortion. Among unmarried women, 27% of pregnancies end in abortion (CDC).
- Women in their 20s accounted for the majority of abortions in 2014 and had the highest abortion rates (CDC).
- Adolescents under 15 years obtained .03% of all 2014 abortions; women aged 15–19 years accounted for 10.4% (CDC).
- Women living with a partner to whom they are not married account for 25% of abortions but only about 10% of women in the population (NAF*).
Why and When Do Abortions Occur?
In 2004, the Guttmacher Institute anonymously surveyed 1,209 post-abortive women from nine different abortion clinics across the country. Of the women surveyed, 957 provided a main reason for having an abortion.
- Not ready for a child – 25%
- Can’t afford a baby – 23%
- Done having children – 19%
- Don’t want to be a single mother – 8%
- Not mature enough to raise a child – 7%
- Would interfere with education or career – 4%
- Physical health problems – 4%
- Fetal health problems – 4%
- Victim of rape – 3%
- Other – 6%
89-92% of all abortions happen during the first trimester, prior to the 13th week of gestation (AGI/CDC). For additional statistics and information visit abort73.com [http://abort73.com/abortion_facts/us_abortion_statistics/]
* AGI: Alan Guttmacher Institute (an arm of Planned Parenthood); CDC: Center for Disease Control; NAF: National Abortion Federatio
Statistics from Right to Life of Holland (MI)
Abortions by State
The approximate number of pre-born babies, created in God’s image, who have been killed since 1973. Michigan: 9.88 Million Wisconsin: 5.71 Million Minnesota: 5.32 Million Iowa: 3.06 Million North Dakota: 683,932 South Dakota: 824,082 Nebraska: 1.84 Million Kansas: 2.87 Million Louisiana: 4.57 Million Montana: 998,119 Wyoming: 568,158 Colorado: 5.12 Million Utah: 2.82 Million Arizona: 6.48 Million Idaho: 1.58 Million Arkansas: 2.94 Million
Daily Abortion Statistics in the US
- 2,900 per day
- 137 per hour
- 2.3 per minute
For more information visit https://rtlofholland.org/abortion-statistics/
Share The Truth
Man was created in the image of God. Human life is sacred and must be protected, including the lives of the pre-born. Speak out and share God’s truth.
Pro-Life Articles and Videos
- "Choice" Spoken Word Poetry Video by EZ Zwayne
- What Does It Mean to Be Created in God’s Image? (article and video)
- Pro-Life Matters (article and video)
- Who Can Tell Me? (article and video)
- God's Masterpiece (article and video)
- Formed by His Hand (video)
- The Miracle of Life (video)
- Before Time Began (video + facts and statistics you need to know)
- If Pre-borns Could Talk: A Conversation in the Womb (article and video)
- When Does a Woman Become a Mother? (Sanctity of Human Life Day)
- Who Are You? (Designed by the Creator video)
- You've Discovered You Are Pregnant (video)
If you do NOT know Jesus, click here.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. Subscribe to our newsletter and we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email). SUBSCRIBE NOW
Please Share this Article on Social Media to Equip and Encourage Others
Be Ready Always...
to give a reason for the Hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15). When you can’t share the gospel with your words, share it by leaving tracts that tell people about God's grace.
When leaving a tract, always be diligent to pray about the short gospel message. Pray that it be found by someone who is in need of Jesus’ saving grace, and pray that the person will have a tender heart and open ears to receive the gift Jesus desires to give them.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, even a small tract can help in turning a broken sinner from darkness to light.
SHARE THE GOSPEL!
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR