From the holy Scriptures we read that King David wrote,
- “For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me” (Psalm 51:3 – NASB)
The prophet Isaiah wrote,
- “Then I said, ‘Woe is me, for I am ruined! Because I am a man of unclean lips“‘ (Isaiah 6:5 – NASB)
The apostle Peter said,
- “But when Simon Peter saw that, he fell down at Jesus’ feet, saying, ‘Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord!'” (Luke 5:8 – NASB)
- “It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all” (I Timothy 1:15 – NASB)
These men of God, men who were greatly used of God, never forgot the fact that they were “sinners.” What we must learn from them is that we never forget it.
The devil and his demons make a constant effort to desensitize us to sin, to have us lose sight of the hideousness of sin. Using their worldly entrapments they seek to lull us into a state of complacency toward our sin. And lets face it, we tend to join in, for our sin is not something you and I really want to talk about or deal with. We’d much rather skirt the issue, let it alone so to say.
Beware of minimizing sin! Beware of allowing yourself to become desensitized to sin! It can happen, and we can fall into the trap of the devil . . .
- “If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth . . . if we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us . . . if we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us” (I John 1:6, 8, 10 – NASB)
The Gnostics infiltrated the early church and in their heretical teaching attacked the biblical doctrine of sin. They sought to explain sin away and make it of no effect, make it something a believer didn’t really have to be concerned with. The apostle John, in his letter, attacked this false teaching and made it most clear that if a believer claims to “have fellowship with” God and “yet” he or she “walks in darkness . . . says that (they) have no sin . . . says that (they) have not sinned” they “lie and do not practice the truth.” Quite simply, they are not children of God!
The “truth” is that a Christian is constantly aware of sin, never minimizing it, never taking it lightly, and is continually on guard that sin not snare him or her. When it does the Christian does not ignore it but rather confesses it in detail to God, and then repents of it! There is always the full awareness that sin is an affront to God.
Be aware of sin brethren . . . do not let Satan and the world deceive you into redefining sin, into thinking that sin is something that really is of no matter, that it is of no real importance. Remember,
- “If we confess (grammatical note: “confess” here is referring to continuous or repeated action – Zodhiates) our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (I John 1:9 – NASB)
Have a good day . . . . and as you walk be aware of sin, realizing that acknowledgement of sin and confession of sin and repentance toward sin are all part of the believer’s every-day behavior.
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR