- “Let them praise the name of the LORD, for His name alone is exalted; His glory is above earth and heaven” (Psalm 148:13 – NASB)
We, the subjects of the great King, do praise the name of Lord, we do exalt His name!
There is a great principal set forth in chapter forty of the book of Isaiah,
- “The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever” (Isaiah 40:8 – NASB)
Years ago I read a great book by Dr. Joseph Stowell. I remember that I began to read through it just as anyone would normally read a book. But shortly into it I realized that what Dr. Stowell was writing about needed my greater attention. I proceeded to study it. It was titled, The Dawn’s Early Light.
From this book I wrote notes all over my bibles; a note here and a note there, gathering from the author excellent teaching as he expounded on the times we live in and how that measured up to the Word of God. One particular note that I have in my Bible is a personal one that I made in relation to Dr. Stowell’s book as he referenced our Scripture passage from Isaiah. I offer to you the thoughts I penned,
- The secular experiment continues; from one whim to another, from one purpose to another. The shifting values of the last few decades are stark reminders of the inability of the world to establish anything that is able to stand — and if there be that which we as Christians do observe that seems promising . . . we must remember that they are more the result of popular opinion or expediency, rather than being the product of the absolute truth of Scripture. And soon enough, because we are a sinful people, opinion will change . . . what seemed expedient will fall prey to the debate of a fallen world.
Ah yes, things in this fallen world go from one whim to another, from one purpose to another. The desires of a sinful populace produce shifting values that ultimately cannot stand. They can to be likened to the “the grass” that “withers” and “the flower” that “fades.”
But be not dismayed, for in the midst of all this shifting God assures us that His Word “stands forever!” What the world establishes as its preferences outside the Word of God will “wither,” it will “fade,” it will cease to exist . . .
- “But the word of our God stands forever”
And to that I can but add a hearty “Amen!”
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk do so with confidence in the written Word of God, that its truth will not wither away or fade away but will stand forever.
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge