- “Let them praise the name of the LORD, for His name alone is exalted; His glory is above earth and heaven” (Psalm 148:13 – NASB)
We, the subjects of the great King, do praise the name of Lord, we do exalt His name!
There is a great principal set forth in chapter forty of the book of Isaiah,
- “The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever” (Isaiah 40:8 – NASB)
Years ago I read a great book by Dr. Joseph Stowell. I remember that I began to read through it just as anyone would normally read a book. But shortly into it I realized that what Dr. Stowell was writing about needed my greater attention. I proceeded to study it. It was titled, The Dawn’s Early Light.
From this book I wrote notes all over my bibles; a note here and a note there, gathering from the author excellent teaching as he expounded on the times we live in and how that measured up to the Word of God. One particular note that I have in my Bible is a personal one that I made in relation to Dr. Stowell’s book as he referenced our Scripture passage from Isaiah. I offer to you the thoughts I penned,
- The secular experiment continues; from one whim to another, from one purpose to another. The shifting values of the last few decades are stark reminders of the inability of the world to establish anything that is able to stand — and if there be that which we as Christians do observe that seems promising . . . we must remember that they are more the result of popular opinion or expediency, rather than being the product of the absolute truth of Scripture. And soon enough, because we are a sinful people, opinion will change . . . what seemed expedient will fall prey to the debate of a fallen world.
Ah yes, things in this fallen world go from one whim to another, from one purpose to another. The desires of a sinful populace produce shifting values that ultimately cannot stand. They can to be likened to the “the grass” that “withers” and “the flower” that “fades.”
But be not dismayed, for in the midst of all this shifting God assures us that His Word “stands forever!” What the world establishes as its preferences outside the Word of God will “wither,” it will “fade,” it will cease to exist . . .
- “But the word of our God stands forever”
And to that I can but add a hearty “Amen!”
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk do so with confidence in the written Word of God, that its truth will not wither away or fade away but will stand forever.
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR