I agree with what the late Dr. Henry Morris wrote in one of his devotionals,
- “Christians . . . have something far better than worldly fun . . . they have heavenly joy!”
Yes they do! Yes we do! And this “joy” comes through many different channels. Note what the prophet Jeremiah wrote,
- “Thy words were found and I ate them, and Thy words became for me a joy and the delight of my heart” (Jeremiah 15:16 – NASB)
I don’t know about you but I have this verse underlined in my Bible. For I am of the mind that from God’s Word I receive great “joy” and “delight.” I love that God speaks to me through it, revealing so very, very much to me, things that affect my very life and affect it in a most wondrous way. Truth . . . revealed to my “heart” from “Thy words” and the result is “joy” and “delight.”
I also have great “joy” when I stop and consider the salvation my God has worked out for me,
- “I will rejoice greatly in the LORD, my soul will exult in my God; for He has clothed me with garments of salvation” (Isaiah 61:10 – NASB)
Does not your “heart . . . rejoice greatly” when you ponder the very fact that you were totally lost, headed for judgment, but “He has clothed (you) with garments of salvation?” If that fails to give “joy” to your “soul” then somewhere along the line you have missed the truth of the gospel message.
As I noted in the very beginning of this devotion, there is great “joy” in prayer,
- “Until now you have asked for nothing in My name; ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be made full” (John 16:24 – NASB)
Oh my . . . prayer, “in (His) name,” understanding that “asking” in accordance with His will, in accordance with all He is . . . “that (our) joy may be made full!” Not half empty, not partially filled, but “full.” To pray His will be done and see it come to fruition . . . that brings a “joy” that is indeed “full.”
Oh I know that the world is held in the sway of the evil one (I John 5:19), and that it is constantly appealing to my senses, to satisfy them through its methods and means. We are an entertainment saturated society, a populace in constant pursuit of that which will make our “joy . . . full.” If we are true to God’s counsel, then we know where we have joy . . . don’t we?
Have a good day . . . and it would be my prayer that your joy may be made full and that you would intimately know Him who can make it full.
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge