The overall theme of the Bible is God’s plan of Redemption. God created everything in six days and it was all perfectly good. But when man he broke fellowship with God and sin and death entered the world. To restore their fellowship, God shed the blood of an innocent animal, establishing the principle that through the shedding of innocent blood sin can be forgiven.
Throughout the Old Testament, the most prevalent and common blood sacrifice was a lamb. In previous articles, we have considered the…
Necessity and Provision of the Lamb
Slaying and Character of the Lamb
Personality and Identity of the Lamb
Crucifixion and Resurrection of the Lamb
Preaching of the Lamb
Preciousness and Worship of the Lamb
Wrath and Book of the Lamb
The Eternal Lamb of God
Scripture clearly continues to portray Jesus as the eternal Lamb of God. Jesus is referred to as the Lamb of God no less than 27 times in the last book of the Bible, Revelation. In this last article of the series, we will see the Marriage and Glory of the Lamb.
The Marriage of The Lamb
Revelation 4-5 tells of what the apostle John saw in Heaven. In chapters 6-18 are describes the 21 judgments that God will pour out on the people on earth during the seven-year Tribulation period. And in chapter 19, the scene is of the Church, joining with the multitudes (of Old Testament saints and legions of angels) to worship God. The Church, the Bride of Christ, is seen dressed in dazzling white linen and called to the Marriage of the Lamb to partake of the marriage supper (vs 9). Yes, we will get to eat in heaven! The Bible doesn’t say what will be on the menu, but it will be out of this world!
Rev. 19:4-9… “And the twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God who sat on the throne, saying ‘Amen! Alleluia!’ Then a voice came from the throne, saying
‘Praise our God, all you His servants and those who fear Him, both small and great!’
And I heard, as it were, the voice of a great multitude, as the sound of many waters and as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty thunderings saying
‘Alleluia! For the Lord God Omnipotent reigns! Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the Marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready. And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.’
Then He said to me, ‘Write; Blessed are those who are called to the Marriage Supper of the Lamb’.
And He said to me, ‘These are the true sayings of God.’”
Blessings in Heaven
There will be many, including blessed…
- Exuberance- v.7a… “Let us be glad and rejoice”
- Exaltation- v.7b… “and give Him glory”
- Enhancement- vs.7c-8… “His wife has made herself ready…arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints”
- Exclusiveness- v.9… “Blessed are those who are called”
- Event- v. 9b… “to the Marriage Supper of the Lamb”
- Evidence- v.9c… “These are the true sayings of God”
What a grand and glorious event this will be! This will be so much more elegant and elaborate than any wedding or banquet we might have attended or witnessed on earth! Make sure you are part of the true Church, the Bride of Christ. The Lamb of God died on the cross to pay for your sins. He took our place and our punishment. But we must personally repent and ask Him for forgiveness, cleansing, and salvation.
The Glory of the Lamb
Rev. 21:22-23, 22:1-5 “But I saw no temple in it (the New Jerusalem), for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the Glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light!”
“And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads. There shall be no night there; they need no lamp nor light of the sun, the Lord God gives them light, and they shall reign forever and ever.”
From the moment when the Church is raptured, the Bride of Christ will never be apart from Jesus, the Lamb of God. Paul wrote, “so shall we ever be with the Lord” (1 Thess 4:13-18). From that moment on, there will be “no more night,” no need of the sun or moon, or man-made lighting of any kind, for the glory of the Lamb will be the Light of the New Heaven and New Earth
In the New Jerusalem, the saints in glory will…
- Bask eternally in the Glory of the Lamb- 21:23
- Drink eternally from the pure Water of Life- 22:1
- Eat eternally from the delicious fruit of the Tree of Life- 22:2
- Serve eternally at the feet of the precious Lamb of Glory- 22:3
- Gaze eternally at the lovely face of the glorious Lamb of God- 22:4
- Reign eternally with the sovereign Lamb of Glory- 22:5
Jesus is coming soon! (1 Thess. 4:13-18)
Until the day when Jesus comes for His Bride, let us be assured…
- tired saints should not be weary in well-doing…in due season we shall reap! (Gal 6:9)
- suffering saints can rejoice…because our trials are more precious than gold! (1 Pet. 1:7)
- persecuted saints should be happy…because the heavenly reward is great! (Mat 5:10-12)
- desparing saints need not be troubled…Jesus is preparing a mansion for us and crown of righteousness awaits us! (John 14:1-3, 2 Tim 4:8)
Is your name written in the Lamb’s Book of life?
Are you redeemed by the blood of the Lamb?
Are you a child of the King?
Is Jesus preparing a mansion for you in Glory?
Do you have a place reserved in heaven for you at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb?
Will the New Jerusalem be your future home where the Lamb of Glory will be the Light forever?
If you think you are saved but are not absolutely sure, take a minute to examine yourself. If you don’t belong to Jesus, find out how to be saved and born again. Don’t delay. Visit one of these pages:
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2022
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- ONLY ONE LIFE, Twill Soon Be Past – by C.T. Studd (1860 – 1931)
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
This is not a Got Questions? article. But it's so popular it ranked among the top pages viewed:
More Popular Got Questions
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Jesus' Last Days TIMELINE: The Cross and The Crucifixion
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- Jesus in the Gospels: What are the Four Different Presentations of Jesus?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- Why Did God Create Man Knowing MAN WOULD SIN?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Can Jews go to Heaven without knowing Jesus?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Not by Might, Not by Power, But BY MY SPIRIT says the Lord (Zechariah 4:6)
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED