Saved to praise, to extol, to proclaim the excellencies of our God! We raise up to the new day with such intentions, turning our thoughts toward Him who has redeemed us, reconciled us, caused us to be born again! He who has rescued our soul from impending judgment through the work of His wonderful Son, our Lord Jesus Christ.
Saved . . .
- “. . . that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him” (I Peter 2:9 – NASB)
Once in “darkness” but now in “light,” we who are “in Christ” are a “chosen race” Peter writes, no longer a “race” that ignores God but instead a “race” that now “proclaims the excellencies of Him.” This word “excellencies” in the Greek is a word that “denotes in a moral sense what gives man his worth, that he (man) might ‘proclaim’ the virtues, the perfections, the attributes of God.”
Brethren, we are saved to be vessels that “proclaim the excellencies of” our God. The redeemed of the Lord are aware of where they were and where God has brought them, and their loving response to this great work of redemption is to be a people that “proclaim” Him, the “excellencies of Him” . . . . . . and they are many, these “excellencies,” for He is . . .
- Holy (Isaiah 6:3)
- Incomparable (II Samuel 7:22)
- Unchangeable (Numbers 23:19)
- Unequaled (Isaiah 40:13-25)
- Infinite (I Kings 8:27)
- Eternal (Isaiah 57:15)
- Omni-present (ever present) (Psalm 139:7-12)
- Omnipotent (all powerful) (Jeremiah 32:17, 27)
- Omniscient (all knowing) (John 3:20)
And the list goes on and on, the “excellencies” of our God, it is these that once we ignored but now rejoice to “proclaim” as those who have, by His grace, been saved from the penalty due our sin by the glorious work of His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, on the cross.
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk may you, as children of God, convey to the world around you, in action and in word, the excellencies, of God.
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge