Saved to praise, to extol, to proclaim the excellencies of our God! We raise up to the new day with such intentions, turning our thoughts toward Him who has redeemed us, reconciled us, caused us to be born again! He who has rescued our soul from impending judgment through the work of His wonderful Son, our Lord Jesus Christ.
Saved . . .
- “. . . that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him” (I Peter 2:9 – NASB)
Once in “darkness” but now in “light,” we who are “in Christ” are a “chosen race” Peter writes, no longer a “race” that ignores God but instead a “race” that now “proclaims the excellencies of Him.” This word “excellencies” in the Greek is a word that “denotes in a moral sense what gives man his worth, that he (man) might ‘proclaim’ the virtues, the perfections, the attributes of God.”
Brethren, we are saved to be vessels that “proclaim the excellencies of” our God. The redeemed of the Lord are aware of where they were and where God has brought them, and their loving response to this great work of redemption is to be a people that “proclaim” Him, the “excellencies of Him” . . . . . . and they are many, these “excellencies,” for He is . . .
- Holy (Isaiah 6:3)
- Incomparable (II Samuel 7:22)
- Unchangeable (Numbers 23:19)
- Unequaled (Isaiah 40:13-25)
- Infinite (I Kings 8:27)
- Eternal (Isaiah 57:15)
- Omni-present (ever present) (Psalm 139:7-12)
- Omnipotent (all powerful) (Jeremiah 32:17, 27)
- Omniscient (all knowing) (John 3:20)
And the list goes on and on, the “excellencies” of our God, it is these that once we ignored but now rejoice to “proclaim” as those who have, by His grace, been saved from the penalty due our sin by the glorious work of His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, on the cross.
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk may you, as children of God, convey to the world around you, in action and in word, the excellencies, of God.
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR