Saved to praise, to extol, to proclaim the excellencies of our God! We raise up to the new day with such intentions, turning our thoughts toward Him who has redeemed us, reconciled us, caused us to be born again! He who has rescued our soul from impending judgment through the work of His wonderful Son, our Lord Jesus Christ.
Saved . . .
- “. . . that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him” (I Peter 2:9 – NASB)
Once in “darkness” but now in “light,” we who are “in Christ” are a “chosen race” Peter writes, no longer a “race” that ignores God but instead a “race” that now “proclaims the excellencies of Him.” This word “excellencies” in the Greek is a word that “denotes in a moral sense what gives man his worth, that he (man) might ‘proclaim’ the virtues, the perfections, the attributes of God.”
Brethren, we are saved to be vessels that “proclaim the excellencies of” our God. The redeemed of the Lord are aware of where they were and where God has brought them, and their loving response to this great work of redemption is to be a people that “proclaim” Him, the “excellencies of Him” . . . . . . and they are many, these “excellencies,” for He is . . .
- Holy (Isaiah 6:3)
- Incomparable (II Samuel 7:22)
- Unchangeable (Numbers 23:19)
- Unequaled (Isaiah 40:13-25)
- Infinite (I Kings 8:27)
- Eternal (Isaiah 57:15)
- Omni-present (ever present) (Psalm 139:7-12)
- Omnipotent (all powerful) (Jeremiah 32:17, 27)
- Omniscient (all knowing) (John 3:20)
And the list goes on and on, the “excellencies” of our God, it is these that once we ignored but now rejoice to “proclaim” as those who have, by His grace, been saved from the penalty due our sin by the glorious work of His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, on the cross.
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk may you, as children of God, convey to the world around you, in action and in word, the excellencies, of God.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas