Saved to praise, to extol, to proclaim the excellencies of our God! We raise up to the new day with such intentions, turning our thoughts toward Him who has redeemed us, reconciled us, caused us to be born again! He who has rescued our soul from impending judgment through the work of His wonderful Son, our Lord Jesus Christ.
Saved . . .
- “. . . that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him” (I Peter 2:9 – NASB)
Once in “darkness” but now in “light,” we who are “in Christ” are a “chosen race” Peter writes, no longer a “race” that ignores God but instead a “race” that now “proclaims the excellencies of Him.” This word “excellencies” in the Greek is a word that “denotes in a moral sense what gives man his worth, that he (man) might ‘proclaim’ the virtues, the perfections, the attributes of God.”
Brethren, we are saved to be vessels that “proclaim the excellencies of” our God. The redeemed of the Lord are aware of where they were and where God has brought them, and their loving response to this great work of redemption is to be a people that “proclaim” Him, the “excellencies of Him” . . . . . . and they are many, these “excellencies,” for He is . . .
- Holy (Isaiah 6:3)
- Incomparable (II Samuel 7:22)
- Unchangeable (Numbers 23:19)
- Unequaled (Isaiah 40:13-25)
- Infinite (I Kings 8:27)
- Eternal (Isaiah 57:15)
- Omni-present (ever present) (Psalm 139:7-12)
- Omnipotent (all powerful) (Jeremiah 32:17, 27)
- Omniscient (all knowing) (John 3:20)
And the list goes on and on, the “excellencies” of our God, it is these that once we ignored but now rejoice to “proclaim” as those who have, by His grace, been saved from the penalty due our sin by the glorious work of His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, on the cross.
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk may you, as children of God, convey to the world around you, in action and in word, the excellencies, of God.
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference:
Visit our Store