Daily Bread Devotions by Chuck Myer Daily Bread Archive | Sign up for our resources
Praise be to the Lord for graciously giving us this fresh new morning to enjoy. May each one of us who professes to know Him, may we go before His throne of grace and shower Him with our thanksgiving. Oh that He would be pleased with our offering of thanks!
For this past week I have centered my attention on warnings from the writings of John and Paul regarding “deceivers” who come from within the church. One may think that I’ve exhausted the Scriptures that speak of these heretics that rise up among us and seek to corrupt the truth of God, but no, there is more.
Brethren, I cannot stress it enough, the church is a body of believers entrusted with the truth, a truth delivered to us in God’s Word. This truth finds its very substance in the Christian faith, a faith that embodies revealed truth from God. The faith . . . those historical doctrines that speak God’s truth and that Christians believe on and hold dearly to and guard with great care. Precious revealed truth from the heart of God to mankind, truth that when proclaimed is the very tool used by God to convert the soul, to save the transgressors, to rescue the perishing, and to build His church.
The devil and his demons and his world constantly attempt to corrupt the truth, to introduce destructive heresies that will “deceive” the masses and keep them from the life-giving truth of God’s Word. The effort is on-going and we are warned repeatedly in the Word to be on the alert for it. It only makes sense that where the truth is the “deceivers” will be most prominent . . . so be warned,
“But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves. And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of the truth will be maligned; and in their greed they will exploit you with false words . . .” (II Peter 2:1-3 – NASB)
“Beloved, while I was making every effort to write you about our common salvation, I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints. For certain persons have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand marked out for this condemnation, ungodly person who turn the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.” (Jude 3-4 – NASB)
Paul, John, Peter, and Jude, all writing as they are led by the Holy Spirit to so do, warning us of “false prophets . . . false teachers . . . certain persons . . . ungodly persons” who “will be . . . among you” who creep “in unnoticed,” who “introduce destructive heresies,” who “turn the grace of our God into licentiousness.” And they arduously labor to “exploit you with false words,” their intent being that “the way of the truth will be maligned.” Oh what a most serious concern! Think of it for a moment: “false words” that result in “the way of the truth (being) maligned.” if the result is that they are successful the church becomes a purveyor of messages that are not “the way of the truth,” are not of “the faith” but end up being “destructive heresies.” It can happen! In many churches, it is happening!
And note these infiltrators, these “ungodly persons” and what they have in common, they are “denying the Master who bought them,” they “deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.” They “deny” the One who is Lord of all (Romans 14:7-9).
Oh the Scriptures call us to take note! Oh that we would have the ears to hear! Do we take these words to heart, having great concern for that which has been entrusted to us?
It is, I believe, imperative that we pay attention to these repeated warnings. We must ensure, as good soldiers in the warfare, that the truth that God has revealed, that truth which He has entrusted to the church (read I Timothy 3:15), this “faith” that you and I have embraced, be known and that it be “earnestly contended for.”
Have a good day brethren . . . and never be lulled to sleep, don’t be caught off guard, don’t become lethargic or apathetic, but as long as God’s gives you breath fight the good fight, keep the faith (II Timothy 4:5-7).
Do Not Be Deceived I
Do Not Be Deceived II
Do Not Be Deceived III
Do Not Be Deceived IV
Do Not Be Deceived V
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2022
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- ONLY ONE LIFE, Twill Soon Be Past – by C.T. Studd (1860 – 1931)
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
This is not a Got Questions? article. But it's so popular it ranked among the top pages viewed:
More Popular Got Questions
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Jesus' Last Days TIMELINE: The Cross and The Crucifixion
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- Jesus in the Gospels: What are the Four Different Presentations of Jesus?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- Why Did God Create Man Knowing MAN WOULD SIN?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Can Jews go to Heaven without knowing Jesus?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Not by Might, Not by Power, But BY MY SPIRIT says the Lord (Zechariah 4:6)
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED