Was Jesus a human sacrifice TO Satan, to free you from Satan’s power so God can save you?
We know that Jesus gave Himself as a sacrifice for our sin:
Galatians 1:4 Who [Jesus] gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
But the sacrifice of Jesus was 1) to satisfy God’s justice and 2) to free us from the penalty and power of sin.
1) Jesus satisfied God’s justice
God is a just God and He will judge sin. He created us to be in perfect communion with Him and when Adam disobeyed God sin entered the world and now all people are born with the sin of Adam
Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned;
It is God’s desire to restore His creation to Himself and Jesus did that by taking upon Himself our sin, paying the penalty for it and imputing (crediting) His righteousness to all who would come to believe in Him.
2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
James 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness:
When we repent and trust in Christ’s finished work on the cross we are washed in His blood and made righteous. Therefore when we stand before God we are acceptable in His eyes.
Revelation 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood
Romans 3:21-22 …now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe:
2) Jesus freed us from the penalty and power of sin
The penalty of sin: We just spoke of God’s justice. In His justice He required that sin be judged and the penalty for it be paid. Jesus paid that penalty. Our sins were laid on Him and God judged sin. Jesus’ pure [sinless] blood atoned [paid the price] of our sin.
Isaiah 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us
1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
The power of sin: For those who trust in Christ’s work on the cross and have received Him as Lord and Saviour, Jesus has not only saved us from the penalty of sin, He has also saved us from the power of sin. This doesn’t mean that we won’t continue to sin. But by the gift of His Holy Spirit, we have the ability to be overcomers and to live in victory over sin.
1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
We have been given His power to choose not to sin. Sadly all too often we still sin because we are not yet saved from the presence of sin. We fight against three things: the lust of the flesh (our own sin nature), the lust of the eyes (the deception of the world) and the pride of life.
We have not yet been freed from the presence or power of Satan. Satan and his minions are still present in our world and are still at work doing what they do best….tempting us to sin. And as long as we are alive we still have a sin nature. However, remember, when Jesus saved us He gave us the gift of His Holy Spirit.
John 14:16-17 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
Jesus was not a sacrifice to free us from Satan. We never belonged to him. Everything in this world belongs to God.
Psalm 24:1 A Psalm of David. The earth is the LORD’S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
1 Corinthians 10:26 For the earth is the Lord’s, and the fulness thereof.
So we repeat, Jesus’ atoning death was to satisfy God’s justice, to save us from God’s rightful judgment of sin and to make reconciliation to God possible for all who will trust in His finished work on the cross.
Share this amazing gift with someone today!!!
Read/watch more about Satan and his tactics:
- Why Did Satan Rebel Against God?
- Where did the sin of Lucifer come from?
- How Does Satan Attach Christians? What are His Big Three Schemes?
- How Much Should I Fear Satan?
- Is Satan’s Real Name Lucifer? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- Does Satan have a stronger influence on Halloween?
- Was Jesus a sacrifice to Satan?
- The “I Will” Statements of God and Satan and the “I Am” Statements of Jesus
- What Though The Vile Accuser Roar (song video)
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference:
Visit our Store