When asked the question, “What is the difference between the Christian God, and the gods of the other religions?” Pastor R.C. Sproul answered, “The main difference is this: “The God of Christianity exists.”
Indeed, Christianity is unique among the world’s belief systems. Nothing illustrates this fact more clearly than the truth that Jesus Christ had the power to raise the dead, and He Himself came back to life after He died. Jesus beat death– and that is unique!
Humans are well familiar with the concept of restoration. People restore antique furniture, vintage cars, and Victorian houses. In a restoration, broken things get fixed, and obsolete parts may get updated. Restoration entails bringing something back to its original condition. The Christian concept of resurrection, on the other hand, goes even beyond this.
The New Testament resurrection of Christ depicts Jesus not only alive, but glorified. This was more than the re-animation of a corpse. Resurrection involves both identity and body– the perfection of both identity and body.
“Resurrection” is a crucial component of the Christian faith, and its uniqueness among other world religions is often overlooked. The Biblical worldview is unique in that:
- Jesus promised a resurrected body for those who come to Him in faith.
- After His death, Jesus Himself was raised by the His power and the power of the Father and Spirit (all three Persons of the Godhead were involved with the defeat of sin and death).
- Jesus’ resurrection proved Him as Savior, just as He said it would (Matthew 12:39-40, Romans 1:4).
Another Proof of Resurrection
Despite arguments and alternative theories from skeptics and doubters, one of the most convincing arguments for the truth of the Lord’s resurrection lies in the transformed lives of the disciples. The disciples had been heartbroken by Jesus’ death and were fearful in the three days that followed. But after Jesus’ resurrection the disciples were transformed into passionate messengers of the Gospel. Nothing they experienced—persecution, prison, death—caused them to change their story or to deny that they had seen the risen Jesus. Within a very short time, their consistent preaching of Jesus’ victory over death would transform the world.
Atheists, skeptics, and determined unbelievers have spent years trying to explain away Jesus’ resurrection with theories, ideas, and speculations. But in order to account for all the facts, their stories become increasingly more complex and unbelievable.
After death on the cross, Jesus came back to life, just as He had promised. That’s a simple explanation—no theory, no fabrication, required.
Christ’s resurrection gives humanity a rock-solid promise and a personally comforting assurance. “Because Jesus is alive, each believer will live also” (John 14:19). And this reality of eternal life is offered to all! The gift of salvation and the Giver Himself are each as close by as a prayer. This truly is the Good News.
About Easter and Resurrection Life
- Because He Lives, I Can Face Tomorrow (video)
- Christ the Lord is Risen Today, Alleluia (video)
- A Place in the Sun (Son) (video)
- You'll Never Walk Alone (video)
- How to Close Your Eyes and Really SEE Jesus!
- Open Your Eyes to The Full Gospel
- Are you glad to see Jesus?
- Ponder the Prophecies of Jesus’ Mission (video and downloadable file)
- What If We Skipped Easter This Year?
- He’s back….and it changed everything!
- The Lord is Risen Indeed! Hallelujah!
- Because He Rose: The resurrection changed everything! (video)
- What’s the Meaning of the Folded Napkin in the tomb?
- Keep Easter Alive in Your Heart: He Came Back (video)
- The Only Soul-Saver, Sin-Forgiver, Chain-Breaker, Pain-Taker, Way-Maker, Hope-Giver: Jesus
- Keep Looking Up
- Praise God, He’s Alive
- Christian Internet Forwards? The Rest of “The Birdcage” Story?(video)
Watch NOW...You will be blessed.
Christian apologists Alex McFarland and Shari Abbott answer some of life's many questions concerning the gospel, faith, and the Bible by sharing Truth for a New Generation and Reasons for Hope found only in Jesus. For more information about apologist, evangelist, author, and religion and culture analyst, Alex McFarland, visit www.alexmcfarland.com. For more information about Shari Abbott, executive director of Reasons for Hope* Jesus, click here.
Truth for a New Generation (TNG) serves nationwide, featuring a multi-year conference tour and student-led club program to equip teenagers, parents, grandparents, and others who lead them to live for God. TNG's mission is to creatively communicate a compelling Christian worldview to the next generation by giving answers to tough questions, based on the truths of Scripture, and to build up the Body of Christ to stand strong and boldly proclaim the gospel in the world. For more information and resources visit www.truthforanewgeneration.com.
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
Thank you to all who contributed in 2020. Your generosity is a blessing and encouragement to us. We did not meet expenses in 2020 and still need your help to continue our global outreach in 2021. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, we hope you will support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and. . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas