The Hebrew Word Nacham
5162. nacham, naw-kham’; a prim. root; prop. to sigh, i.e. breathe strongly; by impl. to be sorry, i.e. (in a favorable sense) to pity, console, or (reflex.) rue; or (unfavorably) to avenge (oneself):–comfort (self), ease [one’s self], repent (-er, -ing, self).
Nacham [H5162] Translated as Repent
- Gen 6:6 And it repented [H5162] the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
- Gen 6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth [H5162] me that I have made them.
- Exo 13:17 And it came to pass, when Pharaoh had let the people go, that God led them not through the way of the land of the Philistines, although that was near; for God said, Lest peradventure the people repent [H5162] when they see war, and they return to Egypt:
- Exo 32:12 Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent [H5162] of this evil against thy people.
- Exo 32:14 And the LORD repented [H5162] of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.
- Num 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: [H5162] hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
- Deu 32:36 For the LORD shall judge his people, and repent [H5162] himself for his servants, when he seeth that their power is gone, and there is none shut up, or left.
- Judg 2:18 And when the LORD raised them up judges, then the LORD was with the judge, and delivered them out of the hand of their enemies all the days of the judge: for it repented [H5162] the LORD because of their groanings by reason of them that oppressed them and vexed them.
- Judg 21:6 And the children of Israel repented [H5162] them for Benjamin their brother, and said, There is one tribe cut off from Israel this day.
- Judg 21:15 And the people repented [H5162] them for Benjamin, because that the LORD had made a breach in the tribes of Israel.
- 1 Sam 15:11 It repenteth [H5162] me that I have set up Saul to be king: for he is turned back from following me, and hath not performed my commandments. And it grieved Samuel; and he cried unto the LORD all night.
- 1 Sam 15:29 And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: [H5162] for he is not a man, that he should repent. [H5162]
- 1 Sam 15:35 And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death: nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul: and the LORD repented [H5162] that he had made Saul king over Israel.
- 2 Sam 24:16 And when the angel stretched out his hand upon Jerusalem to destroy it, the LORD repented [H5162] him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed the people, It is enough: stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD was by the threshingplace of Araunah the Jebusite.
- 1 Chr 21:15 And God sent an angel unto Jerusalem to destroy it: and as he was destroying, the LORD beheld, and he repented [H5162] him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed, It is enough, stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD stood by the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite.
- Job 42:6 Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent [H5162] in dust and ashes.
- Psa 90:13 Return, O LORD, how long? and let it repent [H5162] thee concerning thy servants.
- Psa 106:45 And he remembered for them his covenant, and repented [H5162] according to the multitude of his mercies.
- Psa 110:4 The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, [H5162] Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.
- Psa 135:14 For the LORD will judge his people, and he will repent [H5162] himself concerning his servants.
Nacham [H5162] Translated as Comfort
- Gen 5:29 And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort [H5162] us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD hath cursed.
- Gen 24:67 And Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah’s tent, and took Rebekah, and she became his wife; and he loved her: and Isaac was comforted [H5162] after his mother’s death.
- Gen 27:42 And these words of Esau her elder son were told to Rebekah: and she sent and called Jacob her younger son, and said unto him, Behold, thy brother Esau, as touching thee, doth comfort [H5162] himself, purposing to kill thee.
- Gen 37:35 And all his sons and all his daughters rose up to comfort [H5162] him; but he refused to be comforted; [H5162] and he said, For I will go down into the grave unto my son mourning. Thus his father wept for him.
- Gen 38:12 And in process of time the daughter of Shuah Judah’s wife died; and Judah was comforted, [H5162] and went up unto his sheepshearers to Timnath, he and his friend Hirah the Adullamite.
- Gen 50:21 Now therefore fear ye not: I will nourish you, and your little ones. And he comforted [H5162] them, and spake kindly unto them.
- Ruth 2:13 Then she said, Let me find favour in thy sight, my lord; for that thou hast comforted [H5162] me, and for that thou hast spoken friendly unto thine handmaid, though I be not like unto one of thine handmaidens.
- 2 Sam 10:2 Then said David, I will shew kindness unto Hanun the son of Nahash, as his father shewed kindness unto me. And David sent to comfort [H5162] him by the hand of his servants for his father. And David’s servants came into the land of the children of Ammon.
- 2 Sam 10:3 And the princes of the children of Ammon said unto Hanun their lord, Thinkest thou that David doth honour thy father, that he hath sent comforters [H5162] unto thee? hath not David rather sent his servants unto thee, to search the city, and to spy it out, and to ovethrow it?
- 2 Sam 12:24 And David comforted [H5162] Bathsheba his wife, and went in unto her, and lay with her: and she bare a son, and he called his name Solomon: and the LORD loved him.
- 2 Sam 13:39 And the soul of king David longed to go to Absalom: for he was comforted [H5162] concerning Amnon, seeing he was dead.
- 1 Chr 7:22 And Ephraim their father mourned many days, and his brethren came to comfort [H5162] him.
- 1 Chr 19:2 And David said, I will shew kindness unto Hanun the son of Nahash, because his father shewed kindness to me. And David sent messengers to comfort [H5162] him concerning his father. So the servants of David came into the land of the children of Ammon to Hanun, to comfort [H5162] him.
- 1 Chr 19:3 But the princes of the children of Ammon said to Hanun, Thinkest thou that David doth honour thy father, that he hath sent comforters [H5162] unto thee? are not his servants come unto thee for to search, and to overthrow, and to spy out the land?
- Job 2:11 Now when Job’s three friends heard of all this evil that was come upon him, they came every one from his own place; Eliphaz the Temanite, and Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite: for they had made an appointment together to come to mourn with him and to comfort [H5162] him.
- Job 7:13 When I say, My bed shall comfort [H5162] me, my couch shall ease my complaint;
- Job 16:2 I have heard many such things: miserable comforters [H5162] are ye all.
- Job 21:34 How then comfort [H5162] ye me in vain, seeing in your answers there remaineth falsehood?
- Job 29:25 I chose out their way, and sat chief, and dwelt as a king in the army, as one that comforteth [H5162] the mourners.
- Job 42:11 Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted [H5162] him over all the evil that the LORD had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold.
- Psa 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort [H5162] me.
- Psa 69:20 Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, [H5162] but I found none.
- Psa 71:21 Thou shalt increase my greatness, and comfort [H5162] me on every side.
- Psa 77:2 In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord: my sore ran in the night, and ceased not: my soul refused to be comforted. [H5162]
- Psa 86:17 Shew me a token for good; that they which hate me may see it, and be ashamed: because thou, LORD, hast holpen me, and comforted [H5162] me.
- Psa 119:52 I remembered thy judgments of old, O LORD; and have comforted [H5162] myself.
- Psa 119:76 Let, I pray thee, thy merciful kindness be for my comfort, [H5162] according to thy word unto thy servant.
- Psa 119:82 Mine eyes fail for thy word, saying, When wilt thou comfort [H5162] me?
- Ecc 4:1 So I returned, and considered all the oppressions that are done under the sun: and behold the tears of such as were oppressed, and they had no comforter; [H5162] and on the side of their oppressors there was power; but they had no comforter. [H5162]
Nacham [H5162] Translated as Ease
Isa 1:24 Therefore saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts, the mighty One of Israel, Ah, I will ease [H5162] me of mine adversaries, and avenge me of mine enemies:
Be Ready Always...
to give a reason for the Hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15). When you can’t share the gospel with your words, share it by leaving tracts that tell people about God's grace.
When leaving a tract, always be diligent to pray for the short gospel message. Pray that it be found by someone who is in need of Jesus’ saving grace, and pray that the person will have a tender heart and open ears to receive the gift Jesus desires to give them.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, even a small tract can help in turning a broken, sinful person from darkness to light.
If you do NOT know Jesus, click here NOW!
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering
YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, we hope you will support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and we need your help to continue. Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?*** Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. Subscribe to our newsletter and we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email). SUBSCRIBE NOW
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR