The apostle Paul assures us that there is something every Christian knows,
- “For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.” (II Corinthians 5:1 – NASB)
How blessed are we who know that this “earthly tent which is our house,” the body in which you and I are incased, is not our permanent dwelling place. God has blessed us beyond measure to tell us in His Word that this “earthly tent which is our house” is passing away, it will be “torn down.” But for the believer all is not lost, for “we have a building from God, a house not made with hands” but one that is “eternal in the heavens.”
- “For indeed in this house we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven” (II Corinthians 5:2 – NASB)
We know don’t we, that as we move through the aging process this old “house” is withering, getting older, becoming less able by the day to do this and that, being more and more prone to “groaning.” It seems a slow process at first, then, all of a sudden, we note how time has passed and the “earthly tent,” the “house,” it’s not what it once was. But do not be as one who is deeply dismayed by this, rather be one who listens to what the Holy Spirit tells us, that we should be a people who are “longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven.”
Think about it! “Our dwelling from heaven” is an “eternal . . . dwelling.” No longer a product of the dust of the earth but a “building from God,” one that will never no pain, never deteriorate, never experience sin or temptation, never ever perish.
- “Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord . . . we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.” (II Corinthians 5:6, 8 – NASB)
Yes, how blessed are those who know that this “earthly tent,” this “house” is but an temporary “dwelling” that will be replaced by “our dwelling in heaven,” our permanent “house.” And because we know this we have a “longing to be clothed with (that) dwelling from heaven” and we have a preference “to be absent from the body and to be at home” with the One who makes all this possible . . . . . “the Lord.”
Ah yes, “to be at home with Lord” in our new “house,” in our new “dwelling from heaven.” While we are here on this earth how blessed are those who know this . . . how blessed indeed!
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk rejoice in the wonderful hope of a new dwelling that is promised you, that is eternal in heaven, a house whose builder is God . . . a home that is with the Lord.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas