The apostle Paul assures us that there is something every Christian knows,
- “For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.” (II Corinthians 5:1 – NASB)
How blessed are we who know that this “earthly tent which is our house,” the body in which you and I are incased, is not our permanent dwelling place. God has blessed us beyond measure to tell us in His Word that this “earthly tent which is our house” is passing away, it will be “torn down.” But for the believer all is not lost, for “we have a building from God, a house not made with hands” but one that is “eternal in the heavens.”
- “For indeed in this house we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven” (II Corinthians 5:2 – NASB)
We know don’t we, that as we move through the aging process this old “house” is withering, getting older, becoming less able by the day to do this and that, being more and more prone to “groaning.” It seems a slow process at first, then, all of a sudden, we note how time has passed and the “earthly tent,” the “house,” it’s not what it once was. But do not be as one who is deeply dismayed by this, rather be one who listens to what the Holy Spirit tells us, that we should be a people who are “longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven.”
Think about it! “Our dwelling from heaven” is an “eternal . . . dwelling.” No longer a product of the dust of the earth but a “building from God,” one that will never no pain, never deteriorate, never experience sin or temptation, never ever perish.
- “Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord . . . we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.” (II Corinthians 5:6, 8 – NASB)
Yes, how blessed are those who know that this “earthly tent,” this “house” is but an temporary “dwelling” that will be replaced by “our dwelling in heaven,” our permanent “house.” And because we know this we have a “longing to be clothed with (that) dwelling from heaven” and we have a preference “to be absent from the body and to be at home” with the One who makes all this possible . . . . . “the Lord.”
Ah yes, “to be at home with Lord” in our new “house,” in our new “dwelling from heaven.” While we are here on this earth how blessed are those who know this . . . how blessed indeed!
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk rejoice in the wonderful hope of a new dwelling that is promised you, that is eternal in heaven, a house whose builder is God . . . a home that is with the Lord.
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR