Our text is from Paul’s letter to the church in Rome,
- “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, ‘The just shall live by faith.’” (Romans 1:16-17 – NKJV)
“In . . . the gospel of Christ . . . the righteousness of God is revealed.”
Dr. John MacArthur writes regarding “the righteousness of God,”
- “Better translated, ‘righteousness from God.’ A major theme of the book, appearing over thirty times in one form or another, righteousness is the state of condition of perfectly conforming to God’s perfect law and holy character.”
“Righteousness” is found in God only. “God” is righteous! And by His very “righteousness” He demands that his created subjects have such “righteousness.”
But man falls far short of this most lofty standard, this lofty state. For man is dead in his sin and his trespasses (Ephesians 2:1-3). He does not have the “righteousness” that would serve to make him accepted in the presence of “God.”
And this is where the blessed “gospel of Christ” comes in, for this good news “of Christ . . . is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes.” This “gospel of Christ” reveals that “God will impute His righteousness to ungodly sinners.”
- “But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed . . . even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe.” (Romans 3:21-22 – NKJV)
Do you “believe” the “gospel of Christ?” Have you “believed” on Jesus the Christ as Lord and Savior? If you have, then “the righteousness (from) God” has been given to you in Christ. He who is fully righteous, the sinless Son of God, He is able to robe us with His “righteousness” and present us to “God.”
This “gospel of Christ,” it is “the power of God to salvation . . . For in it the righteousness of God is revealed . . . the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ” . . . . . revealed and proclaimed to all mankind.
This is our message to the world brethren, for there is no human “righteousness” that will ever ascend into the presence of “God.” But this bad news is negated by the good news . . . that “to all and on all who believe . . . the righteousness of God” has been imputed “through faith in Jesus Christ.”
What a glorious message we have here . . . a most wonderful message, a message we should never, ever be “ashamed of.”
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk may you strive to be a messenger of righteousness, a messenger of the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas