Our text is from Paul’s letter to the church in Rome,
- “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, ‘The just shall live by faith.’” (Romans 1:16-17 – NKJV)
“In . . . the gospel of Christ . . . the righteousness of God is revealed.”
Dr. John MacArthur writes regarding “the righteousness of God,”
- “Better translated, ‘righteousness from God.’ A major theme of the book, appearing over thirty times in one form or another, righteousness is the state of condition of perfectly conforming to God’s perfect law and holy character.”
“Righteousness” is found in God only. “God” is righteous! And by His very “righteousness” He demands that his created subjects have such “righteousness.”
But man falls far short of this most lofty standard, this lofty state. For man is dead in his sin and his trespasses (Ephesians 2:1-3). He does not have the “righteousness” that would serve to make him accepted in the presence of “God.”
And this is where the blessed “gospel of Christ” comes in, for this good news “of Christ . . . is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes.” This “gospel of Christ” reveals that “God will impute His righteousness to ungodly sinners.”
- “But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed . . . even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe.” (Romans 3:21-22 – NKJV)
Do you “believe” the “gospel of Christ?” Have you “believed” on Jesus the Christ as Lord and Savior? If you have, then “the righteousness (from) God” has been given to you in Christ. He who is fully righteous, the sinless Son of God, He is able to robe us with His “righteousness” and present us to “God.”
This “gospel of Christ,” it is “the power of God to salvation . . . For in it the righteousness of God is revealed . . . the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ” . . . . . revealed and proclaimed to all mankind.
This is our message to the world brethren, for there is no human “righteousness” that will ever ascend into the presence of “God.” But this bad news is negated by the good news . . . that “to all and on all who believe . . . the righteousness of God” has been imputed “through faith in Jesus Christ.”
What a glorious message we have here . . . a most wonderful message, a message we should never, ever be “ashamed of.”
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk may you strive to be a messenger of righteousness, a messenger of the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge