From First Thessalonians we read,
- “. . . God who gives His Holy Spirit to you” (I Thessalonians 4:8 – NASB)
Dr. Henry Morris III writes, “Every believer has some awareness of the presence of the Holy Spirit. Indeed, if there is no such awareness, then there is absolutely no relationship with God (Romans 8:9).”
Ah yes, to every believer “God” has “given His Holy Spirit.” He, who is the Third Person of the Triune God, takes up residence in the believer and does His work . . . “Spirit” work.
- “He (“God our Savior” – V-4) saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit.” (Titus 3:5 – NASB)
. . . the new creation,
- “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation” (II Corinthians 5:17 – NKJV)
. . . into a witness for Christ,
- “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall by My witnesses” (Acts 1:8 – NASB)
. . . and works in us to make us more like Christ,
- “. . . and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness and truth” (Ephesians 4:24- NASB)
. . . as we walk no longer in the flesh but by His leading,
- “But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh.” (Galatians 5:16 – NASB)
It is a most glorious ministry this “Spirit” work, and every believer is a partaker of it if he or she has professed Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. “Spirit” work . . . do you sense it taking place in your life?
Have a good day . . . and take note that God the Holy Spirit is in you and desiring to work in and through you to the glory of God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR