From First Thessalonians we read,
- “. . . God who gives His Holy Spirit to you” (I Thessalonians 4:8 – NASB)
Dr. Henry Morris III writes, “Every believer has some awareness of the presence of the Holy Spirit. Indeed, if there is no such awareness, then there is absolutely no relationship with God (Romans 8:9).”
Ah yes, to every believer “God” has “given His Holy Spirit.” He, who is the Third Person of the Triune God, takes up residence in the believer and does His work . . . “Spirit” work.
- “He (“God our Savior” – V-4) saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit.” (Titus 3:5 – NASB)
. . . the new creation,
- “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation” (II Corinthians 5:17 – NKJV)
. . . into a witness for Christ,
- “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall by My witnesses” (Acts 1:8 – NASB)
. . . and works in us to make us more like Christ,
- “. . . and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness and truth” (Ephesians 4:24- NASB)
. . . as we walk no longer in the flesh but by His leading,
- “But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh.” (Galatians 5:16 – NASB)
It is a most glorious ministry this “Spirit” work, and every believer is a partaker of it if he or she has professed Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. “Spirit” work . . . do you sense it taking place in your life?
Have a good day . . . and take note that God the Holy Spirit is in you and desiring to work in and through you to the glory of God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas