On Thursday, September 8, 2022, Queen Elizabeth died at the age of 96. Regardless of what anyone thinks of the British monarchy or political system, Queen Elizabeth will be remembered as a remarkable woman. She served her country well, reigned longer than any other English monarch, and notably, was the second-longest reigning monarch of any sovereign country.
Now, her reign has ended. Her eldest son, Charles, will ascend to the throne and reign as King over Great Britain until his days come to an end.
All earthly Kings and Queens have a limited, finite reign. But there is a King in Heaven who reigns forever. And He reigns over an eternal Kingdom — the spiritual Kingdom of God now and an earthly, physical Kingdom of Heaven that is yet to come.
With the Queen’s death, many wonder, is she now with the eternal King in Heaven? Was she a Christian?
Our friends at Living Waters Ministry have the answer.
- Watch now and you’ll find out in the first couple of minutes whether Queen Elizabeth was a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Watch further and you’ll also find out what Hitler believed.
- And if you continue to watch you’ll see a man named David have his heart opened by what he hears about the King who reigns forever and ever.
Quotes from Queen Elizabeth
“To many of us, our beliefs are of fundamental importance. For me, the teachings of Christ and my own personal accountability before God provide a framework in which I try to lead my life. I, like so many of you, have drawn great comfort in difficult times from Christ’s words and example.” (Christmas message, 2000)
“I know just how much I rely on my own faith to guide me through the good times and the bad. Each day is a new beginning. I know that the only way to live my life is to try to do what is right, to take the long view, to give of my best in all that the day brings, and to put my trust in God. Like others of you who draw inspiration from your own faith, I draw strength from the message of hope in the Christian Gospel.” (Christmas message, 2002)
“Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves—from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique Person—neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Savior, with the power to forgive. … It is my prayer that on this Christmas Day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord.” (Christmas message, 2011)
“Throughout my life, the message and teachings of Christ have been my guide and in them I find hope.” (Letter to the Lambeth Conference from Queen Elizabeth II, 2022)
More Evidence of a Life of Faith
In December 1939, Great Britain was at war. The Third Reich of Nazi Germany had ruled in Germany since Hitler took over in 1933, and fear and uncertainty for the New Year reigned in the hearts and minds of Great Britain’s citizens.
In December 1939, King George VI was England’s reigning monarch. As was the custom, the king addressed the nation on a BBC radio broadcast on Christmas Day, and, in the uncertain last days of 1939, the king spoke words of peace to calm his nation. He reminded them of the only true King, the One who can provide true peace and real rest in such troubled times. As King George concluded his message of encouragement, he read the preamble of a poem that had been brought to his attention by his 13-year-old daughter, Princess Elizabeth.
And I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year:
“Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown.”
Continue reading here.
Monday, September 19 was the funeral and burial of Queen Elizabeth. She was a source of inspiration for millions and a symbol of perseverance throughout her life and 70 year reign. She reigned longer than any other English monarch. She appointed 15 British Prime Ministers, and met with 13 U.S. Presidents. Her life was one of great privilege, but also significant tragedy. In all things she was poised, dignified, and eloquent.
In September of 2001, in the wake of the 9/11 attacks, she addressed Americans, writing, “Grief is a heavy emotion to bear, but the ability to feel a deep loss means we also experienced a profound sense of love. Through the pain, the sorrow can serve as a reminder of the indelible impact that those we cherish have on our lives.”
As the citizens of Great Britain mourns their loss, they also remembers her impact.
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2021
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Do ANGELS TAKE US TO HEAVEN When We Die?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas